Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting quote

Options
  • 17-12-2007 3:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

...we hope to foster the idea that adornment is a natural, necessary part of our existence as humans. It helps us feel complete, it makes the world a beautiful place, and it just makes things more interesting. An 18g earring is as much of an adornment rooted in tradition as a 3? stretched ear lobe. One takes longer, requires more patience and involves more societal taboo but both are alterations of the body for the sake of beauty and ritual. In our eyes, adornment is simply making ourselves beautiful. A scarification, a tattoo, a piercing - we are children of the past growing toward a beautiful future, and these are the media with which we adorn ourselves.

Just saw it and thought it was nice. :D Bit cheesy but hey what ya gonna do.
    Might use that when people ask me the "why do you do it" question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i do really like it. though for me, the beauty of the piercing in particular is really just a side effect type thing to the actual point in a piercing.

but im tired and amn't even gonna attempt to explain that further.

Advertisement