Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internship Deadlines

• 17-12-2007 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭

Just a quick post to get the word out to UCD students in their penultimate year, the deadline for internship applications for UBS Investment Bankis the 27th Janurary. One of the graduate recruitment people there asked me to put out the information out here.

I did an internship in Operations there last year, was a great opportunity to work abroad and the $$$$ is a hell of a lot better than you'll get anywhere here in Ireland. Plus there's a chance of a graduate job at the end of it (it makes final year a lot simpler if you don't have to trawl the career fairs, do all those applications and go to the interviews)

They're looking for people from ALL backgrounds, and UCD is one of their main target colleges in Ireland.

(I do apologise if this is seen as advertising, but this is a fantastic opportunity for anyone with even half an interest, and the careers office have been no use in helping to get the word out)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Do you work with UBS now yourself? What country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭stardust_dublin

would they take on people from non-business backgrounds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

No I'm still in college here now. I was offered (and accepted) last September a graduate job there to start next year :D.

They look for people from all areas, I'm in Engineering myself and I have no business experience. The 'class' I started with had people from Arts, Science, Law(B&L), Engineering and Commerce.

I worked in London last summer and I'll be doing my first rotation of the graduate scheme there too.

Advertisement