Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Godawful Eircom connection in Dublin

Options
  • 17-12-2007 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hey. I live in Stillorgan in Dublin and am 'privileged' to be an Eircom broadband customer. I play games online and usually have few connection problems. However yesterday, my connection slowed down to a snail's crawl and I couldn't play games let alone do very much online. Anyone else having similar Eircom broadband problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Grommet

Petey - do you know what exchange you are on? Is it Priory Park?

Also, does the performance issue only happen in the evenings or is it all day?

If you let me know, I may be able to find out from my sources in eircom what is going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Petey2006

Hey Grommet. I'm not sure what exchange I'm on. I live in Mount Anville Park, just off the Kilmacud Road. Dublin 14. The connection slowed down last night for the first time in a while at around 7pm and was still the same way this morning at around 8.30. If it's a temporary problem, that's grand, it happens. But I'd just like to clarify it's Eircom and not my router or computer that's the problem. I appreciate the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Grommet

I just posted on another thread about an issue with traffic to/from YouTube and some other US networks that is being addressed by eircom at the moment.
    Can you confirm if the speed issues you mention are across the board (i.e. no matter what site you try to connect to) or is it just confined to some particular sites (list some examples if so)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Petey2006

It's across the board. I went to a few different sites to check my line speed, including Eircom's own test site, and the max download rate I was getting was 715kbs. On a 2meg line, this is pretty poor and not what I'm used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

You can find out what exchange your on by entering your number here.

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/howtoorder.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement