Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven and Hob question

Options
  • 17-12-2007 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

If I'm in the wrong forum please direct me out!!

I am looking to fit an oven and a hob. Do I need two gas mains for the hob and the oven? I have one gas pipe in place but I've been told that you have to buy hob and oven seperately.

cheers
    the lawman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Depends really! I can't fully understand your question!!
    Is it an electric or gas oven you have bought/going to buy?
    If its gas, all thats needed is a gas main with I assume a T joint on the end to supply the hob and oven.
    The only electrical connection need is for the spark required for to ignite the hobs. (if its gas).
    Not too sure about the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

sounds like a plumbers question, might get you a better answer in general DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 35,101 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

We had a gas oven and gas hob installed last year, replacing electric and needing a new gas pipe installed (there had been no gas pipe going into the kitchen.)

The installer will connect oven and hob to the one gas pipe.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

thanks for all your help guys.

the lawman

Advertisement