Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iron Maiden - 2008

• 17-12-2007 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Does anyone know if maiden plan to play Dublin anytime in 2008 for there Somewhere In Time Tour.......looking at the website it doesn't look too good.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

the website is pretty good....the tour dates are posted as they're arranged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 K.MALONE

It's just a bit strange that they came here with the ''Early Years Tour'' to the RDS and it was a success, that covered the first 4 albums and this tour covers the next 4 albums which are my favourites...just a shame.

ps: have you seen the 757 they've painted up ?? it's something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I thought the Twickenham show was their only show in UK/Ireland for 2008?

http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

They're still announcing dates for this tour, they've yet to finalize north American & European dates. Keep an eye on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It is in this months Classic Rock saying that it will be Maiden's only UK date in 2008. Whether or not they are including Ireland in that comment is another thing.

Maiden for Slaine. :D:D

What is bugging me is trying to figure how where to buy a ticket in Twickenham stadium so that I have a good view, tickets are for sale for all four stands, which makes it sound like the Powerslave stage will be an in the round one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I'm curious too but I have tickets for the Gotenburg show, cannot wait....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't really mind if they don't play here next year, I'll make a short holiday out of one of their other gigs. They've played here on their last three tours, not many countries the size of Ireland have gotten that treatment. Still, nothing's settled yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

hope they play here some time to. was at the show in the rds and the 2 in the point aswell. hope they play rime of the ancient mariner and where eagles dare. class band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 K.MALONE

power slave & piece of mind are my favourite albums but "rime of the ancient mariner" would be the best live song to do ever......pretty sure they did "where eagles dare" in the RDS though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

They had mentioned a hint of being back for Donington this year with a 'Pyramid' last year, although they didn't say Donington directly. To quote Bruce: "A field somewhere about these parts" if I can recall correctly - I was too busy grinning from ear to ear after hearing Children of the Damned live for the first time (I've got the BBC archives so hearing *that* for real was something else)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Going to see them at Wacken, should be fun.

K.MALONE wrote: »
    power slave & piece of mind are my favourite albums but "rime of the ancient mariner" would be the best live song to do ever......pretty sure they did "where eagles dare" in the RDS though.
    i thaught where eagles dare was on the other 4 albums could be wrong. have you seen the ed force one yet. Studying logistics and have to a power point presentation on rock music and have a few shots of the plane in it. looks great.

hope they anounce the rds or somewhere in dublin soon. be great to see the tour again. the next dvd is due out in early feb with the eary days part 2 cant wait to buy that.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭yobr

Anybody know if any further standing tickets for Iron Maiden in Twickenham will be released? Just sitting ones at the mo..thks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭remo2

anyone interersd in singing in a IRON MAIDEN tribute band

i have 4 guitar players 2 bass players but no singers to audition

do yea wanna give it a bash

its still in audition mode

pm me thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

i have no feelings towards iron maiden good or bad, but i dont think theyll come here again this yr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

villains77 wrote: »
    hope they play here some time to. was at the show in the rds and the 2 in the point aswell.

i was at those 2 aswell, was so let down by the most recent point gig, the new album start to finish! :mad: was just annoying! but they are a savage band and ill defo go again! wonder if he'll wave the flag for the trooper, he said he would but you never kno.....

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭wrathchild

i say they definitley will be over.they played over here late august and in december 2 years ago so they might play it late.i dont see why they wouldnt.if they dont its probably because of gob****es who boo them during the trooper.retarded or what

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

wrathchild wrote: »
    i say they definitley will be over.they played over here late august and in december 2 years ago so they might play it late.i dont see why they wouldnt.if they dont its probably because of gob****es who boo them during the trooper.retarded or what

I'd say it's got more to do with commercial reasons than 'The Trooper'! They've not released many new tour dats for Europe lately, I'd say it's highly unlikely that they will play here. Plus they're only doing one UK show (London), unless they add in a few more UK shows at the end of the tour they probably won't come here as well.

It is possible that they could do some arena dates in the UK at the end of the tour (speculation on my part, they've done this before) but there's no decent large scale indoor venue in Dublin at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

wrathchild wrote: »
    if they dont its probably because of gob****es who boo them during the trooper.retarded or what

What's the story with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Got my tickets for the Paris show in my hands now:D. Oh how I do be looking forward to it!

remo2 wrote: »
    anyone interersd in singing in a IRON MAIDEN tribute band

i have 4 guitar players 2 bass players but no singers to audition

do yea wanna give it a bash

its still in audition mode

pm me thanks

hows the band coming along. cant sing for the life of me. be good to see your band on the town somenight if it gets up and running.. have u heard of erin maiden seen them in buttons factory ages ago. very good well overdue a return here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wrathchild View Post
    if they dont its probably because of gob****es who boo them during the trooper.retarded or what
    What's the story with this?

they have a great big union jack swinging over the side of the stage during "the trooper". 20 years ago it might have caused consternation but when they done it in the point it was more a comical booing,just taking the piss rather than any aggro,certainly around where i was standing anyway:cool:

villains77 wrote: »
    hows the band coming along. cant sing for the life of me. be good to see your band on the town somenight if it gets up and running.. have u heard of erin maiden seen them in buttons factory ages ago. very good well overdue a return here

hows it going villains and thanks for your reply

yes just getting the band up and running at the moment
    got me hands on some good players..............
    two guitars and bass on the hunt for a singer now, so if yea now someone who would be interested let them know were looking

that erin maiden tribute sad to say have split up
    they were very good
    so its our chance to RIP UP IRELAND i'm doing up a website at the moment i'll keep you guys posted .............

so if all you guys and girls can come up with a name for our new maiden tribute band i would truly appreciate it i'v a few knocking round me head but 10 heads work better than one ;)

SO LET IT RIP LAD'S

CHEERS .................UP THE IRON'S:)

please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Ir(ish) Maiden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

The Troopers is the best I can come up with.

thanks for the start guys
    the troopers was one i had knocking round me head so thanks

keep'em coming thanks

hi guys and gals we picked a name for the band its Ireland Maiden just open'd a my space pace and a bebo page fell free to add as a friend comments

we'll be posting gigs and stuff there. the pages look a bit crap now need a wiz on P.C to pimp the profile page to make it look good

cheers and thanks for your support

www.myspace.com/irelandmaiden

www.bebo.com/irelandmaiden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 oral-b

hi remo2

hows the band doin can wait to hear you guys giggin

all the best

will check out your my space page :)

Advertisement