Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Business Phone Recomendations

• 17-12-2007 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

In the new year I'll be streamlining my business with integrated Outlook systems and I want to pick up an appropriate phone to compliment that and integrate seamlessly into the system.

I need a reliable mobile phone that handles a range of business features, primarily calender and scheduling features that are compatible and synch with Outlook (Bluetooth I assume). Secondary to that email, but not a huge necessity, as I prefer just to check my emails once or twice a day within a dedicated time slot.

Finally it has to have the usual functions good clear reception, sound quality etc. Camera and Mp3 would be nice but not essential.

Looking at the Blackberry Pearl or the Curve, though these are both relatively new to me.

Any recommendations or assessments based on the above parameters would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭randombar

For me:

nokia N95 or iphone!

have the SEK800, nice phone but you need a bigger screen for the emails!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

the N95 has battery issues so i would steer clear for use as a business phone, some have reported the battery not lasting a day. Id also just plain steer clear of the iphone.

The nokia E-series are aimed toward what you are looking for and irish operators are carrying the E65 which isnt bad and has all the features you are looking for. I myself just recently got a sony ericsson P1i, and its absolutely brilliant. have to buy it simfree for about €400 but worth it in my opinion.

it also depends on whether you want a full keyboard or not. If not E65, if you do E61 or p1i would be my recommendations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

I have the nokia E61 and it works great with pop3 and smtp. I presume the E61i would be as good or even better. Also great for internet and built in blackberry as it has wifi and is also 3g. Also the screen is excellent.

Overall I would recomment the E61 and I presume the E61i would be as good if not even better,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭ianblyth

or the tilt or the Kaiser Mda Vario III.. all the same model.. great pda phone.. got a 3.2mp cam.. GPS. windows mobile 6.. word excel outlook powerpoint.. calender etc... etc.. etc.. full keyboard.. touch screen..... great business phone... HSDPA hi speed internet.. 3.6meg.. built in WIFI ... pop mail smtp mail etc etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I think he/she said a business phone with outlook integration. I don't think the iphone makes it on either of these counts.
    GaryCocs wrote: »
    For me:

nokia N95 or iphone!

have the SEK800, nice phone but you need a bigger screen for the emails!

• Advertisement
Advertisement