Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any runs around Sligo area over Christmas?

Options
  • 17-12-2007 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭

Home for Christmas at the weekend, was wondering are there any running events planned over the Christmas around Sligo ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

I presume on the Sligoboards night out there will a number of running events;
      Towards Velvet to beat the rush
      Away from a fat bird once the lights come on in Velvet
      Away from the cops after being caught taking a wizz on the Ulsterbank

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I presume on the Sligoboards night out there will a number of running events;
      Towards Velvet to beat the rush
      Away from a fat bird once the lights come on in Velvet
      Away from the cops after being caught taking a wizz on the Ulsterbank
    One of your many immature posts which is off topic AGAIN. Maybe I should move this to the humour forum. If you cant contribute something positive to a genuine request then dont post at all. Im a bit fed up with your posts of late and take this a yellow card.

Repeat = red.

To the point at hand - rovers_runner Im not aware of what happens around Sligo but they do have a great Boxing Day charity run at the Finn Valley Club in Stranorlar although it may be a wee bit far for you. They always have a world class runner there and I read who it was this year but other than to tell you its a female I cant elaborate as Im not really into the athletics.

muffler wrote: »
    One of your many immature posts which is off topic AGAIN. Maybe I should move this to the humour forum. If you cant contribute something positive to a genuine request then dont post at all. Im a bit fed up with your posts of late and take this a yellow card.

Repeat = red.

To the point at hand - rovers_runner Im not aware of what happens around Sligo but they do have a great Boxing Day charity run at the Finn Valley Club in Stranorlar although it may be a wee bit far for you. They always have a world class runner there and I read who it was this year but other than to tell you its a female I cant elaborate as Im not really into the athletics.

To be honest myself (and a number of other posters) are "a bit fed up" of your iron fist approach to moderating. Every other forum is open to a good mix of opinion and humour. The OP mentioned that he was back in Sligo for the weekend so by mentioning the nightout I was hoping to get another person on board who might not be aware of it.

BTW "Boxing day" - WTF I know your not from Sligo but seriously......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

If anyone has a problem with the moderating of the forum take it to feedback.
    DO NOT use this forum!

Understood

rovers_runner I think there is usually a run on Stephens Day. I post the info when I get confirmation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Good man!

Might be slightly OT but isn't there a swim in Rosses point on Christmas day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Understood

rovers_runner I think there is usually a run on Stephens Day. I post the info when I get confirmation.

Gillie wrote: »
    Good man!

Might be slightly OT but isn't there a swim in Rosses point on Christmas day?

Yeah its on around noon, for charity I think.

I suppose you could run along the beach before you hop in the water! (Opps - better be carefully using humor)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

LOL @ counting crows 'Boxing Day' comment. If I wasn't a more tolerant person I'd be offended. I suppose its lucky boards.ie is a tolerant place. If I don't wish to call it Lá Fhéile Stiofán or Lá an Dreoilín I don't expect to be persecuted. :cool: Do you do mych moderating yourself CC.

Is mise le meas

Aon céad an Soma

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

To be honest myself (and a number of other posters) are "a bit fed up" of your iron fist approach to moderating.
    And you never invited me to this meeting. Take it up in the feedback forum.

Every other forum is open to a good mix of opinion and humour.
    And some aren't.

The OP mentioned that he was back in Sligo for the weekend so by mentioning the nightout I was hoping to get another person on board who might not be aware of it.
    You were acting the prick. The OP asked a serious question and you decide to give a smart arsed reply.
    BTW "Boxing day" - WTF I know your not from Sligo but seriously......
    If you have a problem with that then you need help.
    You could have posted this at the beginning.
    I suppose you could run along the beach before you hop in the water! (Opps - better be carefully using humor)
    Back to the piss taking again. You dont learn do you.

In this thread alone you have now posted 3 times off topic and have engaged in arguing with a mod. Read the charter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement