Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mid week cup ties

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

redfan wrote: »
    would you guys think inter milan will put out a 1st team?

They have a derby on sunday with AC so probably not the strongest team out.

would you guys think inter milan will put out a 1st team?
    Goalkeepers: 22 Paolo Orlandoni, 71 Enrico Alfonso.

Defenders: 16 Nicolas Burdisso, 23 Marco Materazzi, 24 Nelson Rivas, 25 Walter Samuel, 35 Dennis Esposito, 40 Ivan Fatic, 47 Marco Filippini.

Midfielders: 21 Santiago Solari, 30 Pelé, 31 Cesar, 37 Gabriele Puccio, 42 Ibrahim Maaroufi, 43 Daniele Pedrelli.

Strikers: 18 Hernan Crespo, 45 Mario Balotelli, 46 Aiman Napoli, 48 Alberto Gerbo.

I think he will be keen not to conceed in the first leg and possibly get 1 or 2 goals at the same time. I'd imagine Crespo will come on around the 60th as impact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

whats the odd on 1.5 goals?

mike65 wrote: »
    Not so stupid I think, Liverpool cup ties tend to be goal-fests if not always for the right reasons.

Mike.

Well i hope so. I didn't even get great odds. And what makes it worse i'm not gonna get to see it fecking christmas party - thank god for wap.livescore.com !!

whats the odd on 1.5 goals?

i think i got about 1.5

• Advertisement

great odds where did u get that pp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ace2007 wrote: »

Can anyone tell me what are real union any good? and would valencia be playing a full team or what...

its just the valencia game that i reckon could be iffy...

You are right, they are in poor shape (3 losses and a draw) and have a big game away to Real Zaragoza who are just 3 places below them on Saturday. The things is cos CL even UEFA Cup spot might beyond them this season they might actually put all thier effort into a decent domestic cup run. Tricky.

http://www.betshoot.com/betting/picks/19413/Real-Union-Irun-Valencia-JonnyAtlas

Mike.

great odds where did u get that pp?

Clicky; http://sports.betfair.com/Index.do?mi=20737034&ex=1&origin=MRL

If i was a betting man i'd put a few quid on the Reggina v Inter Milan game - for Reggina not to score @ 2.25

Edit/ thats 5/4 in the old system!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

jameshayes wrote: »
    I just put a fair few quid on Chelski -v- pool on more than 1.5 goals. I think that was the worst mistake I have made in a long long time - i dont know why i done it.

As mike said I think you'll be alright. Cup is more gung ho than a league match.

theres a william hill across from my job . im in at 6pm so im going in early to do a bet but on the net they dont seem to give odds for milan tonight /

• Advertisement

As mike said I think you'll be alright. Cup is more gung ho than a league match.

I dunno - i think we'll be looking at a 1-0 chelsea win..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

I got my hole opened with Blackburn last night. Not content to back them when they were 1 down (perish the thought that I'd lay Arsenal instead), I decided to back again in ET when they were a man up. Worst gambling night of my life. :o

Anyway, onwards and upwards. I'll have a look at this evenings games and see if I can pull it back a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

In the end - decided to go with a treble(thinkin now i should of read here first, but anyway here it is):

Roma 11/10
    inter 8/15
    bayern munich 2/7

shall be a very happy man if this comes in(though knowin my luck it won't)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

4 draws for me

fc zurich v leverkusen
    toulouse v sp moscow
    torino v roma
    udinese v palermo

76-1 with PP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

The form book would not seem to favour Michael Skibbe's side, despite good results in the Bundesliga. Leverkusen have not won an away game in UEFA club competition since winning 2-0 at Maccabi Haifa FC in the 2002/03 UEFA Champions League group stage. Their last 18 UEFA competition away games have produced five draws and 13 defeats.

• Zürich, by contrast, are unbeaten in their last nine home games since losing 2-1 at home against KRC Genk in the first round of the 2000/01 UEFA Cup.

very interesting. going by this zurich +1, 4/9
    braga to win 1/3
    munich 2/9
    panios 8/13

pays over 5/2 - thats my bet, with panios the sweat

Ace2007, id leave roma out - cant fund myself backing them after i lumped versus ManU

meh - bit late now, i too was going to back

braga to win 1/3
    panios 8/13

but i know nothing about either team, and panios - is just from some tip a random guy gave above... and was looking at the table... so decided to do roma instead

i also wasn't aware at time of backing that- the italian games are cup matches or are they?

i also wasn't aware at time of backing that- the italian games are cup matches or are they?

Yup the oul equivalent of the carling/FA cup!

A little more important than the carling - a little more important than the FA Cup

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uefacup/index.html

i was reading this all day - informative enough - its the reason i lumped on the turks against CSKA in champo

• Worryingly for Panionios, they have lost four of their last five European home games, with their only continental victories under Lienen coming away from home. They have lost both of their UEFA Cup home games this season, 1-0 against FC Sochaux-Montbéliard in the first round and 3-0 against Galatasaray last month.

• Panionios have played five games against French sides in European competition, and have lost all but one of them, breaking their duck with the 2-0 win at Sochaux that sent them into the group stage this season.

• Advertisement

lol, my bet is also on now, so stop worrying me!
    tbh its their big win the weekend, the home adv, the weak squad travelling against them and the need to win that i overlooked the very credible info above! haha

As a previous poster said. Travelling to Greece is no easy task - those fans are a big factor too..

I think I'll sit this one out, (maybe an in game bet depending)

Miek.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Who's Miek? You're hungarian twin? :p

I'm actually a Russian billionaire! :p

I see Ryan Babel can be backed on the PP Insure-goal bet at 9.5/1, if he is'nt the first goalscorer but does hit the onion sack at any point in 90 mins you get your money back. That should be worth a fiver.

Miek.

quick question - where is the best place for me to get updates for this roma match that starts in 2 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

quick question - where is the best place for me to get updates for this roma match that starts in 2 mins

theres a sticky "live score links" at the top of this forum

I use www.livescore.com to check scores and sportbox.tv for prem games but it's not the best for other things

Roma are losing already

• Advertisement

ouch

Advertisement