Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mid week cup ties

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Big mad accum for the night

Inter Milan @ 4 - 7
    Real Madrid @ 2 - 5
    Espanyol @ 8 - 11
    Valencia @ 4 - 7
    Galatasaray @ 2 - 9
    Getafe @ 10 - 11
    Hapoel Tel-Aviv @ 8 - 11
    Panionios @ 8 - 13

roughly 40-1. Threw a fiver on it

Give me something to keep my mind occupied instead of exams :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

this guy Recoba is killing me tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

surich 2-0 down to foook me up. braga 1 up, panionis 2 up

Ace2007 wrote: »
    so what u guys reckon do this accumulator - 4/1

1 Reggina v Inter Milan
    Coppa Italia Matches, Wednesday 19th December 2007, 19:30
    Inter Milan @ 8 - 15

2 Bayern Munich v Aris
    UEFA Cup Matches, Wednesday 19th December 2007, 19:45
    Bayern Munich @ 2 - 9

3 Panionios v Bordeaux
    UEFA Cup Matches, Wednesday 19th December 2007, 19:45
    Panionios @ 8 - 13

4 Real Union v Valencia
    Spanish Cup Matches, Wednesday 19th December 2007, 20:30
    Valencia @ 8 - 15

i'm beginning to think i should have done this...

yea roma defo screwed me up....

• Advertisement

Threw €25 on liverpool @6-4 draw no bet at half time.
    Go on the pool!

Have no clue why to be honest.
    Blind fan loyalty :D

i lumped the opposite way - dont no why either! just think pool r playing terrrible

cue 3-0 pool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool are doing alright against a 100 million pound side. Starting to suspect extra time beckons

Crouch off, its all gone to hell. I've just thrown a 10 note on Chelsea/Liverpool over 1.5
    and Real Union v Valencia under 2.5

Mike.

What the hell was crouch thinking?
    My god liverpool are playing rubbish
    As bad a performance as ive ever seen.
    Im off to watch darts :D

3 pretty big upsets in Spain tonight
    Real, valencia and espanyol all behind
    Whats the world coming to.

Bordeaux just equalised against panionios.
    Small fortune will be lost by people on it.
    Will mean i recover my pre-night bank if it stays like that
    Which would be nice considering what a disaster the pool are!

mike65 wrote: »
    Liverpool are doing alright against a 100 million pound side. Starting to suspect extra time beckons

Crouch off, its all gone to hell. I've just thrown a 10 note on Chelsea/Liverpool over 1.5
    and Real Union v Valencia under 2.5

Mike.

Looking good mike chelsea 2-0 up and real still 1-0 down

• Advertisement

Valencia clambered out of thier pit and scored twice. :(

Still onwards and upwards MK Dons to the rescue on Friday, I might back Pompey at Anfield (7-1!!!!!!!!)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Just a quick Round up of tonights UEFA Cup action. Didn't go into to much detail.

Group A
    Everton have already qualified and are guaranteed 1st place – they also have a derby on Sunday with Man U, I’d go with a Alkmaar win – if they win the qualify.
    The other game is tough one, if Nurnburg win and Alkmaar lose, Nurnburg go through, Larissa have conceded 7 goals in 3 games so it could be a high scorer.

Group B
    Madrid need a win to come 1st in the group – but both teams have already qualified. Panathinaikos haven’t conceded a goal yet in the competition.
    The other game is a waste neither team can qualify so both teams are playing for their pride.

Group C
    Betting mans nightmare. If Villarreal lose (and Fiorentina wins) they will not qualify. It’s a sticky one.

Group D
    Hamburg & Basel have already qualified so this game is a race for first place – will probably end up as a scoring draw. Rennes & Zagreb are both playing to get out of last spot so this game can go either way.

Everton have sent a shadow team.

Mike.

Alkmaar are 1.83(4/5) to win... (betfair)

My selections from betfair for a JFF €4 bet;
    1 Atl Madrid v Panathinaikos (Backing Atl Madrid)
    2 AZ Alkmaar v Everton (Backing Az Alkmaar)
    3 Fiorentina v Mlada Boleslav (Backing Fiorentina)
    4 Hamburg v Basel (Backing The Draw)
    AEK v Villarreal (Backing Villarreal)

35/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

jameshayes wrote: »
    I’d go with a Alkmaar win – if they win the qualify.
    Everton have sent a shadow team.

I agree with what both of you are saying but then I had to go and read this:
    THREE consecutive victories have already guaranteed Everton top spot in Uefa Cup Group A, so David Moyes can afford to rest some of his stars for the clash with AZ Alkmaar tonight.

Keeper Tim Howard, striker Yakubu and key midfielders Mikel Arteta and Tim Cahill are among the first-team regulars who have not made the trip to Holland.

However, Everton's success this season has been based on their strength in depth, and the side that Moyes picks won't be short of either experience or quality.

A quickfire league and Carling Cup double over West Ham means Everton have won ten of their last 12 games in all competitions.

Strikers Andy Johnson and Victor Anichebe will provide a stern test of Alkmaar's extra-ordinary home record in Europe.

A 1-0 win over Larissa on matchday three extended their unbeaten European run on their own patch to 32 matches.

Last season Alkmaar finished just three points behind PSV Eindhoven and Ajax, but their dom-estic form this term has been disappointing.

They have lost twice at home in the Dutch league and their Uefa Cup campaign has been equally underwhelming.

While Everton have taken maximum points from their group games, Alkmaar drew 1-1 against Zenit St Petersburg.
    A 2-1 defeat in Nuremberg– where Everton won 2-0 – has left the Dutch side needing a win to ensure qualification.

Alkmaar's cause is not helped by the absence of Brazilian striker Ari, their top scorer with seven goals in 12 appearances, who is suspended. Manager Louis van Gaal may also be concerned by Alkmaar's record against English opposition – just two wins from nine games.

As Israel, Croatia and Milan have demonstrated in recent weeks, it can be dangerous to write off teams who have little or nothing to play for.

Everton's away form in Europe this season has been excellent and Moyes is keen for his team to maintain their winning habit.

Odds of 4-1 about the in-form Merseysiders defeating the mid-table Dutch outfit should be snapped up.

Recommendation
    Everton, 2pts 4-1

AZ Alkmaar
    Striker Ari serves the last game of a three-match ban.

Everton
    Mikel Arteta, Tim Cahill, Joseph Yobo, Tim Howard and Yakubu have not travelled. Leon Osman broke a toe against West Ham, joining AlanStubbs and Leighton Baines on the sidelines.

Why cant gambling be easy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

can any one tell me if alt madrid will field a good strong team? cant find any good links for info

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

redfan wrote: »
    can any one tell me if alt madrid will field a good strong team? cant find any good links for info
    Playing with their best possible 11 according to this guy.
    http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showpost.php?p=955228&postcount=37

I think I’m not going to put money anywhere else except my €4 just for fun bet. Tonight will probably be full of surprises!

• Advertisement

I've had an optimistic €10 on Everton, Villarreal, Atl Madrid and Aberdeen all to win @ nearly 57/1. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

Pighead wrote: »
    Playing with their best possible 11 according to this guy.
    http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showpost.php?p=955228&postcount=37

thanks for the info mate . will consider putting some of me winnings off milan game last night

I've had an optimistic €10 on Everton, Villarreal, Atl Madrid and Aberdeen all to win @ nearly 57/1. :p

Villarreal are about 2.7 on betfair. Thats madness concidering they need a win.

Can someone give any insight to AC Milans home form? Its shocking, they are playing in the Italian Cup tonight against the team above them. PP is giving Milan 1.5 and the away side about 5.5 which on the face of it seems mad.

Mike.

Can someone give any insight to AC Milans home form? Its shocking, they are playing in the Italian Cup tonight against the team above them. PP is giving Milan 1.5 and the away side about 5.5 which on the face of it seems mad.

Mike.

I can't enlighten you as to Milan's form but all I will say is that if the Italian Cup is anything like the Spanish equivelant I'll be staying well clear. Very hard to call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭paulizei

Mike.
    See here.

I have some small stakes on Catania to win, under 2.5 goals, and a CS of 0-1. They are a tough team to break down and drew 1-1 at Milan earlier in the season. Milan also have very tough derby game with Inter this weekend so I expect hardly any regulars will play.

Jeeze... thats a right motivation killer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭paulizei

I don't fancy Aberdeen at all. They have injury problems and have not been convincing at home expect against Gretna and the like.

chelsea saved my bacon big time last night - now to try and find one, maybe 2 teams for a lumpage (anymore is just asking for trouble)

• Advertisement

paulizei wrote: »
    I don't fancy Aberdeen at all. They have injury problems and have not been convincing at home expect against Gretna and the like.

Hence my thinking that it's optimistic :D

Advertisement