Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doubles Practice Routine

• 17-12-2007 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Bobby George was once asked to coach an upcoming player. Bobby told him to throw one dart at each double 1 to 20 and finish with one dart at the bull. "When you hit the target with all 21 darts give me a call" says Bobby. 18 months later the guy rings Bobby and says "Bobby I did it". "OK" says Bobby "Youre ready to turn pro now cause non of the pros can do that!"

Its a good quick practice routine. My record is 8 out of the 21 darts thrown, but I am happy enough when I score 5 or more doubles.

Can anyone beat 8?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I had never tried that before so just gave it a quick go and I managed only managed to get 5. I don't think I would ever be able to get all 21!

Any idea who the upcoming player was? Did he turn Pro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pgough

Hi Kingp35

Hard to know for sure that it is true. The story was told about Marvin King.

Anyhow you know what they say "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"

I find it a very good way to practice doubles as it forces you to only take one dart to out. It stops you throwing a marker which is really a waste of a dart.

Happy Christmas

Pgough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pgough

Why not have a league table for this

Here it is so far

Pgough - 8
    Kingp35 -5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 DublinDutch

It just hard to start @ the 1's my crappiest Double:(

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HITMANHEALY

Alright Chaps

I practice doubles by playing around the board till i get every double, try it out and then do 1 to 21

this will be a great help

Ill try ur way tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

It's a great practice.

I just got D 1,8,11 and 16.

Another way of putting it, I got 4 doubles :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

I might try it in a few weeks as I'm only geting back into my throw after seven years out
    (Marriage and Children will take up alot of time)
    I have always disliked 2 and 3 even when practising I will go for D1 when I have 5 or under
    left to checkout.

Advertisement