Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance Issues

Options
  • 17-12-2007 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, my insurance is up for renewal in a few days and before I go looking into it more myself I was wondering if I could get some info from your knowledgeable heads!

I'm with Quinn, only driving since last xmas and its my first car (00 Golf 1.4). I'm still on my first provisional, but expect to sit my test within the next 5-6 weeks. My situation is this:

-I'm also going to be 25 on the 8th of January. I realise that being 25 with a full licence in comparison to 24 with a provisional will yield a major difference in premium.

I have to renew as a provisional, but if/when I get my full licence over the next month or so, what is the procedure then? Is it possible to only get say 3 months cover, instead of the full 12? Or if I pay for the full 12, but get my full in 2 months, can I cancel the insurance and get the 10 months premium returned?

Any recommendations in how to get the most (pay the least) out of my current situation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Fizman wrote: »
    Hi lads, my insurance is up for renewal in a few days and before I go looking into it more myself I was wondering if I could get some info from your knowledgeable heads!

I'm with Quinn, only driving since last xmas and its my first car (00 Golf 1.4). I'm still on my first provisional, but expect to sit my test within the next 5-6 weeks. My situation is this:

-I'm also going to be 25 on the 8th of January. I realise that being 25 with a full licence in comparison to 24 with a provisional will yield a major difference in premium.

I have to renew as a provisional, but if/when I get my full licence over the next month or so, what is the procedure then? Is it possible to only get say 3 months cover, instead of the full 12? Or if I pay for the full 12, but get my full in 2 months, can I cancel the insurance and get the 10 months premium returned?

Any recommendations in how to get the most (pay the least) out of my current situation?

Well yeah you can pay your insurance monthly (Unless they do not want) and have it canceled anytime. What they ask before canceling contract and standing order is your original insurance disk back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Very true what mick.fr said, but if you ring tham and make the changes, your monthly premium will be lower and as usualy shop arround next year again, but you don't loose any NC bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

When I passed my test I just rang them and told them so. They sent me a partial refund in the post.

Advertisement