Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Question

Options
  • 17-12-2007 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭

is it possible to get a block on a particular Person or company from taking Money from your CC?
    i ordered a Nintendo Wii almost a Month ago,fully sure that it would arrive before Xmas.at this stage it doesn't look like it's going to happen.the Company haven't taken any Money from my CC yet,in my Confirmation email it said they would take the Money out when the Product is ready to be Shipped.
    could i contact my Bank or Credit Card Company and get a block on that Company taking any Money form my CC?
    i've emailed them loads of times asking them to cancel the Order but they haven't replied.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭tmalmb

Call your CC company and make the request to block payment, this is straightforward "once" the payment hasn't been processed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Have never of being able to do this with our VISA. The only thing that I think you could do is cancel the card. AFAIK you can't block a payment before or even after its authorised.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

ooter wrote: »
    could i contact my Bank or Credit Card Company and get a block on that Company taking any Money form my CC?
    Depends on what bank and what type card you have. Really you should just ring the bank and ask.

Advertisement