Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRC20030 - Early Roman Empire

Options
  • 17-12-2007 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Anyone on here doing Dr Doody's course? Any topics in particular that are bound to come up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Augustus should come up, he was the first Roman Emperor after all, although he used the title Princep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Augustus, the lex julia, definitely a question on those.

Try looking at the timeline of emperors on wiki and learning a few bits about each one within the early roman empire period, it really helps, but focus on Augustus, he's the key man of the era.

I miss my G+R days. Bloody sociology masters.

The exam will take a dynastic approach(I think). Julio-Claudian/Flavian and then the early adopted emperors. Worm in Tacitus and Suetonius if you can and maybe a quote or 2 from the Godman book to sex up your essay.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'll be covering Tacitus' and Seutonius writing styles and the course handouts which will be coming up in a kind of comprehension according to Blackboard

Glad its over, a bit of a pain getting out to Blackrock but its over anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement