Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good clubs in City Centre?

Options
  • 17-12-2007 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

And not ones where that "do-do-do-do-do" (can't think of any other word to convey that awful thumping repetitive dancey crap), I want one where I can DANCE!! )ie, chart, etc. The only ones I've had the "pleasure" of going to are Copper's (meat-market, which is by the way NOT club and I don't care what anyone says, it's a big pub), and errr, Club M, I think it's called? Not TOO bad, some chart stuff but not enough. Was also in Club 21, which I quite liked! Any others?

(I'm also curious about these celeb-y, "pretentious" clubs - would love to go one night just to check 'em out. Has anyone been to Krystle, Lillies, Renard's, etc?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

What city?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

your gonna get spanked and this thread will be sent to the dungeons of the dublin forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=474

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

zuutroy wrote: »
    What city?

Dublin.

The last post in that Dublin forum was 12th December! Thought it would be better to post it here where more people would respond! *don't be mad, mods*

ozzyoh wrote: »
    Dublin.

The last post in that Dublin forum was 12th December! Thought it would be better to post it here where more people would respond! *don't be mad, mods*

telling muck savages not to be mad is like waving a red rag at a bull( i have heard of these mystical creatures and this fashion of waving red rags at them)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Larger audience
    - Posting on AH simply "to reach a larger audience" may result in a ban. The thread will be moved/deleted. If your thread is more suited to another board then please post it there. After Hours is to discuss non-specific topics and issues in a general way. If you have a serious Political or News post, they should be posted on their specific forums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

so basically you want a club that plays simon cowell esque chart music as you cant dance to something thats not sugar coateded and produced soley for the reasons of making money

erm go anywhere in templebar then

Rob_l wrote: »
    telling muck savages not to be mad is like waving a red rag at a bull( i have heard of these mystical creatures and this fashion of waving red rags at them)

Lol!

zuutroy wrote: »
    Larger audience
    - Posting on AH simply "to reach a larger audience" may result in a ban. The thread will be moved/deleted. If your thread is more suited to another board then please post it there. After Hours is to discuss non-specific topics and issues in a general way. If you have a serious Political or News post, they should be posted on their specific forums.

Ohhhhhhh :eek:

so basically you want a club that plays simon cowell esque chart music as you cant dance to something thats not sugar coateded and produced soley for the reasons of making money

erm go anywhere in templebar then

Great! Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Dublin.
    Read charter before you post in a forum. It states clearly not to post here for more eyeballs. People in 31 counties don't much care about your club question, it's better to post in appropriate forum than getting a lot of abuse in AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

And not ones where that "do-do-do-do-do" (can't think of any other word to convey that awful thumping repetitive dancey crap), I want one where I can DANCE!! )ie, chart, etc. The only ones I've had the "pleasure" of going to are Copper's (meat-market, which is by the way NOT club and I don't care what anyone says, it's a big pub), and errr, Club M, I think it's called? Not TOO bad, some chart stuff but not enough. Was also in Club 21, which I quite liked! Any others?

(I'm also curious about these celeb-y, "pretentious" clubs - would love to go one night just to check 'em out. Has anyone been to Krystle, Lillies, Renard's, etc?)

Eh? Its hard to find a club in Dublin not obsessed with current chart cheese.

Seeing as this is what you are after, Redz and Barcode would be your best bets (both awful imo, but for the very reasons you like)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Dublin.

Have a look at the threads, you will find the Dublin posters extremely helpful, directions, advice, what to do, one Dub even picked up a lost item for another poster in an internet cafe in Temple Bar.

check out www.entertainment.ie

they have a listings section

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

So you want cheesey music that you can "dance" to in a ****ehole venue?
    And you have difficulty finding these places in Dublin?
    Are you blind?

JCDUB wrote: »
    So you want cheesey music that you can "dance" to in a ****ehole venue?
    And you have difficulty finding these places in Dublin?
    Are you blind?

Can I ask what kind of music YOU like? I'll bet you're one of those "do-do-do" people who are coked off their heads every weekend. :rolleyes:

I don't want a "sh1tehole" venue, as u so elegantly out it, I want a nice, big bar with a nice, big dancefloor where I can shake my booty!

No, I'm not blind - what does THAT have to do with anything?

Can I ask what kind of music YOU like? I'll bet you're one of those "do-do-do" people who are coked off their heads every weekend. :rolleyes:

I don't want a "sh1tehole" venue, as u so elegantly out it, I want a nice, big bar with a nice, big dancefloor where I can shake my booty!

the majority of late bars in dublin play this type of crap music you seek.

"do-do-do" i think I know that tune cant you type the rest of it please

"do-do-do" people who are coked off their heads every weekend. :rolleyes: I want a nice, big bar with a nice, big dancefloor where I can shake my booty!

Jees, I'm 35 and your making me feel young. I presume you mean dance or hip-hop when you say "do-do-do" music?

Just go to club M or Lillies. They play pop and chart music.

lightening wrote: »
    Jees, I'm 35 and your making me feel young. I presume you mean dance or hip-hop when you say "do-do-do" music?

Just go to club M or Lillies. They play pop and chart music.

Lol. I couldn't think of better words to describe that awful repetetive thumping from heavy dance music. Ok I guess "thump-thump-thump" would be better! Do you know what Lillie's is like? I've never been there....thought it was more of a "celeb" hangout...only going on what I've heard though.

Rob - I also refer my last post to you.

Right then miss Daisy :rolleyes:

Lillies is amusing, pretentious, silly and expensive. Its a laugh though. You might spot the odd B Celeb, I wouldn't get to excited though.

I don't go to clubs much any more.

I'm old you see.

• Advertisement

Lol. hmmm might go for a look. I saw it's around Grafton St somewhere....where exactly though?

Yep, a few meters up Grafton St. on the left.

lightening wrote: »
    I don't go to clubs much any more.

I'm old you see.

Don't talk that that :eek: Shur you're only a spring chicken!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Seriously, if you throw a stone in any direction in town you will hit one of these superbar monstrosities that blares out non descript chart music.

A better question would be where can we go that doesn't play chart music

Yes of course you can ask what type of music I like. I have a very eclectic and wide ranging taste in music, which luckily doesn't include chart music.

I resent your presumption that because I have a varied interest in music and a hatred for cheesey clubs I am somehow involved in drugs/drug consumption.
    You don't know me.Please don't judge me.

Another reason why I don't frequent these clubs.. because I meet people like you who pigeon hole other people because of their musical tastes.

I asked are you blind because these clubs you seek are on every street corner of the city centre.

Now, get your handbag onto the ground quick and have a little bop around it;)

Not right now...but maybe Saturday! :D

I resent your presumption that because I have a varied interest in music and a hatred for cheesey clubs I am somehow involved in drugs/drug consumption.
    You don't know me.Please don't judge me.

Also I was not aware that clubs that played pop(crap) music had become the last bastion of moral integrity in Irish social life leaving them as the only bars untouched from the "cocaine epidemic".

Oh actually...I never leave my handbag down...i always carry it on my shoulders...less chance of it getting whipped...

Rob - I merely meant that anything doing with "thump" music, I normally associate drugs with - it's easier to picture someone coked out of their head dancing to some dance dj rather than Westlife. MY opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Oh actually...I never leave my handbag down...i always carry it on my shoulders...less chance of it getting whipped...

Rob - I merely meant that anything doing with "thump" music, I normally associate drugs with - it's easier to picture someone coked out of their head dancing to some dance dj rather than Westlife. MY opinion.

Well how would you know if you haven't danced to Westlife while ourrrrrit

• Advertisement

Rob_l wrote: »
    Also I was not aware that clubs that played pop(crap) music had become the last bastion of moral integrity in Irish social life leaving them as the only bars untouched from the "cocaine epidemic".

Touchè Rob, I do believe the (in)famous Lillies mentioned by the OP above was featured in all its glory on Primetime last week.
    People not just consuming cocaine but selling it inside the club:eek:

I mean you'd expect that in one of those "bumtish bumtish" clubs, but Lillies??:rolleyes:

What is the world coming to...?

Advertisement