Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gloria Jeans coffee shop open in Crescent

Options
  • 17-12-2007 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

For anyone who likes a decent cup of coffee, gloria jeans has just opened since this saturday in the cresecent shopping centre opposite the bag shop. I was dying for a vanilla frappacunio and ordered one but got an iced coffee instead. had no time to go back and point out the mistake but hey teething problems i guess. the lady said there would also be a gloria jeans opening in henry street in the new year. thank god a half decent coffee shop in limerick no how about starbucks or is that wishful thinking?:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Placid Casual

it looks nice and comfy alright
    how much tho?
    is gloria jeans a big name?
    Mocha Beans and Bewleys are/were Irelands "starbucks"
    How many starbucks are there in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

has to be better than BB's!

it's extremely bland!! even the muffin's ain't the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Papad

DubLegs wrote: »
    has to be better than BB's!

it's extremely bland!! even the muffin's ain't the best!

Have to agree with that.

Looking forward to trying out Gloria Jeans though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Lot of coffee shops opening in Limerick lately, is their enough business for them all.. , Can't really say I rarely get coffee in the city as my local centra usually does it for me.
    Course thats because the city is 20mins away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

No way! Am not a very big coffee person but they seriously do really good iced coffee. The cookies and cream one is to die for. I am seriously happy it has opened up here. I was a good customer in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Wonder where on Henry Street it will open?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭trevufc

starbucks is in the george hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Where in the crescent did this place open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 cathyb03

Gloria Jeans is located next to the chinese herbal shop. It is in a couple of units next to macabes pharmacy and opposite the bag shop and carphone warhouse. There is still a couple of empty units in the cresecent especially a big unit where jr fashions was located, wonder why kind of business would be suited for there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

BB's is terrible.
    I usually get my hot chocolate in O'Briens as I get a sandwich in there too.

• Advertisement

trevufc wrote: »
    starbucks is in the george hotel.

Grande caramel frappuccino please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Wait is Starbucks actually in The George or are they just allowed sell stabucks coffee cause there some places like that, and by god there is a difference.

they just sell starbucks coffee, nothing special

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

1huge1 wrote: »
    they just sell starbucks coffee, nothing special
    Yup as I suspected, not the same so .

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Went to Gloria Jeans at lunchtime today - the place was deserted. They only do coffee and cakes/pastries (no sandwiches), so I gave it a miss.

Pity, I was looking forward to trying it out (but I was starving!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Their hot chocolate is great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Wonder where on Henry Street it will open?

I suspect it's going next to The Marriott. There was something about a coffee shop opening there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Coffee lovers get all the luck. We need a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf outlet they do Tea Lattes yum.

Gloria Jeans have the massive takeaway cups they have here nearly a pint of tea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

went to BBs for 1st time yesterday. 2.80 for a coffee. I'm not usually concerned about price but I thought that was a bit much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 phonemonkey

I went in there on friday last for a bit of a break after the xmas shopping. The coffee was nice but I wont be paying a visit to there again, the reason being is the price ie €3:45 for a regular cappuccino and €4:75 for a thin piece of dry chocolate cake. Obriens give a large cappuccino for €3:50 and its the same quality so for me its a no brainer. oh and the place has as much athmosphere as the moon, soo bland and boring and dosent really make you want to sit and relax for a while

• Advertisement

Who would of thought O Briens would be used as a example of cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Was shopping for a few bits in the Crescent last week and was looking forward to going in and having a nice cup of coffee.
    I waited in line for several minutes while 3 staff flapped about behind the counter looking like they were getting ready for a big rush.
    One girl was serving some old dear beside me then proceeded to ignore me :mad:and serve some auld fella who had just walked in looking for "a pot of tea" (WTF!!).:eek:
    I gave up and left.
    BAD SERVICE!!!!!! Won't be back.
    Bets are on it'll be gone by February.

I was in one today but the name escapes me, its on thomas st just at the corner with little catherine st, its the 2nd last one on the left just before a orange shop (I'm not one for directions), its white on the outside

anyway lovely service and most importantly the coffee was lovely and not too expensive either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

1huge1 wrote: »
    I was in one today but the name escapes me, its on thomas st just at the corner with little catherine st, its the 2nd last one on the left just before a orange shop (I'm not one for directions), its white on the outside

anyway lovely service and most importantly the coffee was lovely and not too expensive either

The Sandwich Shop?

The sandwich shop is very pleasant and excellent coffee. The staff are efficient and friendly.

Ya I think thats it, liked the place a lot.

Gloria jeans were selling coffee, capucinnos etc. for betwen 2 & 3 euro. BUt not more than 3. An earlier post suggested they were selling cappucino at 3.45. this does not appear to be the case.
    Place looks dismal though.

The thing about it is that there is acres of space behind the partition. It was formerly a sizable restaurant, which was partitioned off. As soon as I saw the new Gloria Jeans, I didn't even bother going in. Most of the seating faced a bland wall (in a row along a counter attached to the wall). They could have used another two hundred square feet and added comfortable seating.

I do know that the rent is astronomical for that particular location, but it would have been worth it and attracted more business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tom1975

there is also a new Gloria Jeans opened at Manor West Shopping Centre in Tralee and judging from the earlier comments about the Cresent outlet, it is the same setup in Tralee. Bland plain walls, inappropriate bulky seating that is not suitable for such a small unit, minimal menu (teas/coffees or cakes - no sandwiches/soups etc so rules out a lunchtime crowd) and overpriced - 3.45 for a medium hot chocolate. Still there was a fair size queue when I visited but that's because the alternative dining facilities at Manor are equally poor.

• Advertisement

tom1975 wrote: »
    there is also a new Gloria Jeans opened at Manor West Shopping Centre in Tralee and judging from the earlier comments about the Cresent outlet, it is the same setup in Tralee. Bland plain walls, inappropriate bulky seating that is not suitable for such a small unit, minimal menu (teas/coffees or cakes - no sandwiches/soups etc so rules out a lunchtime crowd) and overpriced - 3.45 for a medium hot chocolate. Still there was a fair size queue when I visited but that's because the alternative dining facilities at Manor are equally poor.
    Doing some rapid expansion then, never heard of them to be honest before their one in the crescent

Advertisement