Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JG AUG pull trigger it goes weeeeeeeeee!!!

Options
  • 17-12-2007 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

Guys.. mate of mine bought an JG AUG recently. Was having great fun with it but after a while it would just make this weeeeee noise! He thought the battery might be running down so he went and charged it up but its still not firing and making this noise!! Any advice lads, have you had this prob before and is there a fix for it!! I'd appreciate any help as he is pulling his hair out and really badly knashing his teeth!!! Its not a preety sight!!! any tips or clues is it a gearbox problem or what???

Iceage..:)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Stripped gears maybe, sounds like the motor is just spinning around and not engaging anything? Has he stripped it down and taken a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

most likely stripped gears alright

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Same noise as my CA G3.

Sounds like the piston has been stripped.

If you open the gear box you'll fined bits of the Piston all over the inside not a nice sight to say the least.

You'll need to replace it and check what volt the bat is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Oh dear..not good then, I believe its an 8.4v batt. but I haven't seen it, I'll pass all this on to him, cheers guys for the prompt replys, also where would be the best place for him to locate spare parts he might require? again thanks in advance....:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

eHobby and RSOV shouold have it all. He needs to establish exactly whats gone though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

www.mechbox.com Have a Tutorial on removing the CA aug Gearbox, should waork with the JG. It envolves taking off the butplate, remove a couple of screws and then bashing it against a book or something to dislodge the gearbox. Should help him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

stripped a JG Aug last weekend actually, although the CA one just slides out, the JG wasn't quite as simple, i found the two screws that hold the body together needed to be removed and the back of the body pulled apart slightly for the gearbox to drop out

Advertisement