Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour's dogs roaming the streets

Options
  • 17-12-2007 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

A lot of the dog-owners on the estate I've just moved to seem to be too lazy to take their dogs for a walk, instead leaving them roaming the streets all day while they are out at work. I've spoken to a couple of neighbours about it, not complaining just passing remark. They said there have always been dogs wandering about. Now, I have three problems with this:

1) Danger to drivers, ie. having to hit the brakes/swerve to avoid them when they run across the road.

2) Danger to people. A couple of them that go about together are alsatians/German shepherds and I've seen them terrify a couple of schoolgirls, had them pinned against against the wall and a guy had to drive them off with a shovel.

3) Cr@p on my lawn. Mine seems to be the designated doggy toilet, there are turds everywhere. I have a good idea which dog it is too, but never seen it 'in the act'.

Any ideas what I can do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

KBarry wrote: »
    A lot of the dog-owners on the estate I've just moved to seem to be too lazy to take their dogs for a walk, instead leaving them roaming the streets all day while they are out at work. I've spoken to a couple of neighbours about it, not complaining just passing remark. They said there have always been dogs wandering about. Now, I have three problems with this:

1) Danger to drivers, ie. having to hit the brakes/swerve to avoid them when they run across the road.

2) Danger to people. A couple of them that go about together are alsatians/German shepherds and I've seen them terrify a couple of schoolgirls, had them pinned against against the wall and a guy had to drive them off with a shovel.

3) Cr@p on my lawn. Mine seems to be the designated doggy toilet, there are turds everywhere. I have a good idea which dog it is too, but never seen it 'in the act'.

Any ideas what I can do?
    call a dog warden that should help if no good you just have to call the gaurds and its there job to put a stop to it as roaming dog without collars,leads,muzzle,dirtying your lawn you have every right to call the guards because for every thing as written is against the law dont be afraid to deal with it its aserious matter.

Advertisement