Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

View development blog of new Windows CBR/CBZ Viewer

Options
  • 17-12-2007 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi there folks,

This might be of interest to some Irish based digital comic book readers, as this is being developed in Ireland...

I've recently been enjoying catching up on some graphic novels from my youth ( as well as newer comics ) in CBR / CBZ format, and ( as a 3D programmer ) I thought I'd start writing my own viewer to allow for some additional functionalty, and make a blog.

Mainly, the new functionality relates to being able to zoom in and pan around the various pages of the comic using your computers 3D hardware, but ensuring that the visual quality of the image is preserved.

Rather than just developing it and then releasing it, I thought I'd have a go at a blog, showing the ongoing development of the project, and taking on board feedback from anyone who reads CBR / CBZ comics on their computer.

Here's the link to the blog, which contains a download link for Prototype #1 ( which is pretty functional, so you should be able to view most of your current comics with it )

http://3dcomicbookviewer.blogspot.com/

Best regards, and I look forward to hearing what features you would like in a viewer!
    Mal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Looks good. I'd reverse the arrow controls though, the whole aviation controls are odd. What would be nice is to be able to zoom and drag using the mouse/mouse wheel. Also, is it reshaping the pages? Some of mine looked a little stretched across.

Advertisement