Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft think I am using mac

• 17-12-2007 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

I have Microsoft Windows XP Media Center edition 2005. I am having a problem with Microsoft updates. When I try to download updates from there web site it says
    "Thank you for your interest in obtaining updates from our site.

This website is designed to work with Microsoft Windows operating systems only.
    To find updates for Microsoft products that are designed for Macintosh operating systems, please visit http://www.microsoft.com/mac/"

But I have downloaded loads from them I had just downloaded some sort of .net update just before this happened. It downloads automatically just fine:confused: any ideas what to do?

Also I e-mailed MS and got this reply

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email about technical issues with Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center edition 2005 updates.

I am sorry to hear that you getting error message to download updates for Mac. If your operating system was preinstalled on your computer, I suggest that you contact your computer manufacturer for further assistance."

WTF how the h**l is it my computer manufacturer's problem:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Computer manufacturers are Microsoft's first line of support for Windows, simply because of the range of additional software and customisations of installations they can have on their OEMs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭2347

Oh right that makes sense.
    I just found this site so sorry I didn't need to post this thread. Sorry again why didn't I google it before I posted this thread:rolleyes::o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

So what was your problem? Running a Beta version of something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

2347 wrote: »
    Oh right that makes sense.
    It doesn't really, bu c'est la vie! At least you got it solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭2347

No it's not beta:D I don't have it solved because I don't have the guts to "Modify the registry". Maybe I will when my laptop gets more f**ked up with viruses:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement