Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ul administration office = Complete Idiots.

• 17-12-2007 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Yes its very true, not only did they **** up my chance to transfer to a different course earlier in the year now they ****ed up my drop out form which i filled out at the end of october and they only tell me now so next year im going to have to pay full fees instead of just one semester. God these people should be shot.SHOT!!!!.

yup i know a crazy rant but the fees are coming out of my pocket so there goes my plans of buying a car etc out the window, Curse you ul.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Point out the date the form was signed and refuse to pay!!

I'd take the issue to Paul McCutcheon... VP Academic and Registrar. Email address as per usual.

If you don't try you'll never know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

ninty9er wrote: »
    Point out the date the form was signed and refuse to pay!!

I'd take the issue to Paul McCutcheon... VP Academic and Registrar. Email address as per usual.

If you don't try you'll never know!

+ 1

Don't give up just yet! There's a fight in there somewhere.

There surely must be dates on the forms you signed, as ninty9er said. Argue on the basis of them. Take it to the top if necessary. You've nothing to lose and all to gain. Best of luck fighting The System.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,633 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

If there are a few thousand €s involved, go as far as possible. Don't give up. Even using the reason that 'student admin fúcked up' is good enough, as everyone knows they are a room full of headless chickens.

Friend who was working in ITD in coop used never shut up about them. He was called up every 2nd week to fix their card printer, and most of the time, the machine wasn't even turned on.

Seriously dude, go as far as you can with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Argue. You have a good chance of winning. I would definatly argued the transfer thing at the time aswell.

Definatly go as far as you can though as far as I remember that over €3000 you'll be out of pocket. Sceptre what can the SU do? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

problem was that i was "advised" to just pick up the form and send it up to her as she wasnt around the only time i could hear up. So i did that and she could just claim that she never got it in the post. Like she knew it was coming so if she didnt recieve it why didnt she give me a ring or an e mail or ANYTHING wondering why it wasnt delivered like. What a tard.

O and the transfer thing was earlier in the year, she basicly told me no problems just come back in a week to sign a few forms ill take care of the rest, a week later i go to her office and shes just like amm yea your going to have to do everything yourself. And by that time the transfer window had closed so arghh. KILL DESTROY etc.

• Advertisement

Patricide wrote: »
    problem was that i was "advised" to just pick up the form and send it up to her as she wasnt around the only time i could hear up. So i did that and she could just claim that she never got it in the post. Like she knew it was coming so if she didnt recieve it why didnt she give me a ring or an e mail or ANYTHING wondering why it wasnt delivered like. What a tard.

O and the transfer thing was earlier in the year, she basicly told me no problems just come back in a week to sign a few forms ill take care of the rest, a week later i go to her office and shes just like amm yea your going to have to do everything yourself. And by that time the transfer window had closed so arghh. KILL DESTROY etc.

Paul McCutcheon and a good solicitor....Gerry Meehna would love this one...go talk to Alan in the SU

Don't give up yet Patricide, there's quite a few €€€ at stake!

Take a strong stance and demand answers. Create as much havoc as possible. Refuse to be bought off by 'that's the way it is' answers.

If you make damn sure to stand your ground, then they'll realise that their inadequacy (-ies) has (have) come to the fore.

If you make damn sure to stand your ground, then they'll realise that their inadequacy (-ies) has (have) come to the fore.

Didn't someone do a featrue in An Focal about them last year too:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Oh and keep us updated here as to how you get on:D

ninty9er wrote: »
    Didn't someone do a featrue in An Focal about them last year too:D:D

Yeah but due to the potential of a libel case (bloody libel *grumble grumble*..ethics...*grumble grumble*...law...*grumble grumble*) there is quite the limit to the extent that An Focal can point the finger at presumed 'generic' failings of SAA...Like, you can't just say, "SAA's shíte"...but for instance in this case, if Patricide were successful, it'd be possible to report the incident as 'highlighting the internal discrepancies within the system that are having a negative impact on students'... Of course, ideally, it'd be better to have more than one incident to report so as to ensure that they don't retort with, 'that was a once-off mistake!' :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

I have read your posts from before (when your transfer was fooked up) and it really sounds like your in the right.

It seems very strange to me that the admin is not taking your problem very seriously. I wouls imagine that when mistakes like this happen, some higher order would be brought in to take a look at it too make sure that you dont end up high and dry like you are now. As someone said above, check the date you signed the forms in accordance to the closing date and refuse their fees on that basis. Also include the fact that your transfer was messed up to enphesise that their admin skills are as bad as my spelling!!

This sounds like something my mom would love to fight in court (she lawyer)

A good rep would first make the admin admit that they were expecting a letter from you with the forms, and then ask when they informed you that you had not recieved.

Im sorry to say though the liability would have been on you to check that admin had indeed recieved the forms on time, not HER. In court they would see her as the one with thousands of students to deal with and wouls accept that she may not have had the time to "concentrate" on you.

The fact that they screwed up in yout transfer in very promising. If they did not screw up on that, you would not have done so bad in your course that you tranfered to, thus you would never have had to drop out, wich is where you are right now.

I hear about the problems that you have but what have you done actionwise in accordance to this?

Advertisement