Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airshows 2008, whos going where?

Options
  • 17-12-2007 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

So is anybody off to any shows in 2008? Myself and Roger ( Vulcan57 ) are heading to RIAT, anybody going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Yep, looking forward to RIAT again, also hoping to make Biggin Hill aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Would love to get to RIAT but a pain in the backide for me location-wise.

Will definitely be trying to get to Farnborough to drool over the big jets, have a good friend who gets trade passes which means some nice quiet meandering around for me. Had some great fun in the cabin sims in 2006.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Punchy07

Was at RIAT this year and loved it,was considering going to farnborough next year but wanted some info on the scale of it compared to fairford,anyone have any info?Is it worth the trip?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Unless you are ' in the trade ' or a spotter then Farnbourgh/Paris are not really great. They are really trade shows.

The Air Tattoo is the best show , I think in Europe , I went to them at Greenham Common, and Fairford ( although not for a few years ).

My days of going to shows I think are over for a while ( other considerations ) .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Farnborough is mainly a trade show and geared towards the civil end, where as RIAT is mainly military and the biggest show of its kind in the world. It will, however, be a case that a lot of the headliners at RIAT will probably make an appearance at Farnborough the following week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement