Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thread for finding old Military pals

• 17-12-2007 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Is it possible we could have a thread (sticky) to help people maybe find old friends in the military ?:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would say be careful about posting about where and when you were stationed esp as some of it maybe 'sensative'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

Well in a general sense, I've lost touch with so many, I would be curious to find a few,without going into to much detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It's going to be very difficult to do this without loosing anonymity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

well i was in the 102nd platoon back in 2001 and 115th platoon in 2005 of the 1st southern brigade if anyone here was member of any of these then give me a pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Intresting thread , i served with the 12th Limerick and 5th battalion Dublin 1975 /80 and anybody from that era who wishs to make contact please pm me .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

31st Platoon, CTD Cathgal Brugha Bks, 2nd Fld Sigs and 27th Bn in 'Blayney. All from 1972-1975. My nickname was The Preacher.
    Anyone out there?
    regards.
    Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I would say be careful about posting about where and when you were stationed esp as some of it maybe 'sensative'.

I doubt it... :D

And in the spirit of the thread, any ex AAS guys on here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thaedydal wrote: »

I'd hope that any serving or ex- members of the Defence Forces would be very aware of these issues already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 knowall

Mairt wrote: »
    I'd hope that any serving or ex- members of the Defence Forces would be very aware of these issues already.
    I have served a total of 45 years 327 days in the RDF ( official discharge ) I am wondering if this is something of a record.

Advertisement