Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas Shopping

• 17-12-2007 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Need to get the xmas shoppin over and done with and just wondering if the majority of the shops in and around the city centre will be open late tonite.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

yep open till 8 all week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

just been noticing in the last two weeks alot of waterford cars in kilkenny, just wondering if people a coming up shopping and if so whats there opinion of shopping in kilkenny ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Nice one thanks.
    Personally i cant stand xmas shopping but it has to be done. Kilkenny would be my second choice and then maybe Wexford Town, Waterford wins for being so close and a decent selection of shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I was in Waterford shopping today. I bought 2 DVDs in BPM Records and a pair of jeans in Shaws (and then put the DVDs in the Shaws bag).

Now, I'm fairly certain the DVDs were robbed from my bag, don't know how, but it's very unlikely they just fell out of my bag without me noticing.

I was just reading a Waterford Today article (below) which mentions robbing of bags. Anyway, just be extra careful when doing your shopping.
    Waterford Gardai are urging shoppers to be extra vigilant during the Christmas period in response to recent thefts of handbags, the use of 'dud' fifty euro notes and ATM machine tampering around the city centre.

According to sources in Waterford Garda station, there were five to six reports last week of handbags being stolen or having items stolen from the bags or purses and while Gardai have so far made one arrest so far for one of the thefts, they urge shoppers to be mindful of their belongings whenever laying their bags down.

Waterford Gardai have also received two reports of counterfeit, or 'dud' 50 euro notes being passed around the city last week to delivery men of food and drink with the first being reported in the aftermath of a takeaway delivery and the second being after a supply of alcohol was delivered.

Gardai in Waterford are also calling on Waterford consumers to be mindful of any ATM tampering they encounter in the city and urging people to contact their bank or the Gardai themselves if they encounter anything suspicious at any ATM machine around the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

does anyone no what time the shops close at today (christmas eve)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Mini

I think most as closing at about 5 today - probably earlier if they can !!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Id say if the shops opened late tonight they would definately make a fair amount of money!

i went in at about half 3 and some of them were already closing. but it was still packed around.

just wondering are there any department stores open tomorrow st stephens day such as debenhams in city square in Waterford

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

paul666 wrote: »
    just wondering are there any department stores open tomorrow st stephens day such as debenhams in city square in Waterford

Sales start tomorrow I think? Apart from DID which is the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Last year I compiled a summary of the major sales in Waterford, when they started and what to expect but I'm late this year.

I'll be in town early tomorrow morning and will look around and see what the shops are advertising in their sales, the majority of which start on the 27th and 28th.

Very few shops are open tomorrow, with the exception of Debenhams and PC World. Debenhams have "Early Bird" bargains which are certain lines reduced by 75%. Most of the stock available is stuff they're desperate to get rid of and contrary to most sales, the good stuff is rolled out later in the day! I haven't seen the PC World leaflet yet but I'd imagine they have their usual few bargains, followed by some not so good offers that will sell anyway, purely because they're part of a "MASSIVE SALE".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I was at the gym this morning and the other women were discussing the Next sale (Ardkeen branch).

One woman was telling how it was so packed that 3 women fainted and that 2 women started fighting and security had to separate them :D

Advertisement