Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

{REG} Cheap Magazine Subscriptions

Options
  • 17-12-2007 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can get some cheap magazine subscriptions. I remember a link back for student discounts etc. Any got any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If you have Tesco clubcard points, you can get subscriptions for certain magazines for 25% of the r.r.p.
    Search for Clubcard or Tesco, it's been mentioned before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

you could try here : www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk , I got a years subscription to T3 for around €42 (that works out @ 3.20 an issue)...I choose the option for T3 to the UK and it still allowed me to enter a non uk address in the drop down menu :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

you could try here : www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk , I got a years subscription to T3 for around €42 (that works out @ 3.20 an issue)...I choose the option for T3 to the UK and it still allowed me to enter a non uk address in the drop down menu :D

They don't charge for deliveries to Ireland anyhow- you needn't have gone to the trouble of playing with their address fields! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Is there any site that does FHM subscriptions on the cheap? Can't seem to find any

smccarrick wrote: »
    They don't charge for deliveries to Ireland anyhow- you needn't have gone to the trouble of playing with their address fields! :D
    Oh Right Smart Arse , and pay : "1 Year (13 issues) to Europe
    £55.56"....no thanks - I think I will "play" with the drop down fields thanks very much :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Philip42

Yeah chilli pepper! I did the exact same thing! Of course you have to "play around with the address fields" !! The standard price to "Rest of Europe" is about 72 euros....if you "play around" with the address fields it works about about 3.50 euros an issue...now seeing as the cover price is £3.99 (sterling), I'd say this is a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

tesco deals here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Don't use Magazines365 anyway, I bought a subscription from them and I haven't received anything. No reply to emails or phone calls either. So I'll have to chargeback through my credit card. Avoid. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Thanks for the heads up. I chose the UK price with an Irish address and it seemed to work.

There was a warning at the bottom about "this recipient in not valid" or similar but the payment went through and I got a confirmation email, so fingers crossed.

I'd pay around €11 per issue in the shops but will get it at €5.50 doing it this way. Great saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Philip42

Yes mate - that's a reputable site and you will get your mags...I got my first issue a few days ago...:D

• Advertisement

I got my First Issue today.....Happy Days...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46,163 ✭✭✭✭muffler

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Just don't open it in work :o

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭newbridgemom

US website www.magazinecity.com. You can order international subscriptions and pay in US dollars! I've had several subscriptions from hear. Today's Parent from Canada is particularly cheap and great reading for parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/

Are people still getting their magazines from here? They haven't cottoned on yet have they?? Looking for a deal, and just think its ridiculous the mark up in price between the UK and Ireland on most subscription sites.

Anyone know of a site that does sports mags(one above doesn't)? Thinking four four two, Champions Magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Tesco Clubcard Deals have a years subscription, to over 20 different magazines, most for €12 or less, works out at €1 per issue delivered: http://www.tesco.ie/clubcarddeals/magazines.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Cheers for the suggestions. Paltry slecetion on both though.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭emmetcummins

So does anyone know where to get cheap fhm or men's health/fitness magazines?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭aubhall

ELLE,ELLE DECOR,Car and Driver,Road & Track,Cycle World

Food Network Magazine,Cosmopolitan,Good Housekeeping,
    O, The Oprah Magazine,Country Living,Esquire,
    Seventeen,Marie Claire,House Beautiful,Redbook,Veranda,
    Harper's BAZAAR,Town & Country,Popular Mechanics.

• Advertisement
Advertisement