Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

absolutely no accounting for taste...

Options
  • 17-12-2007 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

this has probably been discussed before,
    i've seen pimp my ride, and PMR:UK and while there have been a fair few shockingly bad looking cars, there is usually some indication of where they got there inspiration (sports cars, touring cars etc)

but theres a program on discovery, it seems to have been running for some time, (having a job i genreally dont watch the daytime tv) but i'm watching it for the first time today,

its called "chop shop" and i;ve never seen such hideous looking vehicles.
    is there any one out there who thinks these cars are beauties?

you can check out there various turds here -
    http://www.discoverychannel.co.uk/chopshop/_home/index.shtml

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I think they all look dreadful too!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭bman

That is amazing! I would like to meet the person that thinks this is nice: http://www.discoverychannel.co.uk/chopshop/gallery/car_3.shtml?no=13

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Silent Partner

They are absolutely terrible! They look so cheaply done. Makes an absolute mockery of the originals on which they're based.

Take that Jag for example. If they'd just kept its original shape. It was a beautiful car.

I'd be more interested in who buys them after they've been gimped?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Was watching that today! The front off a celica, the rear off a mondeo, all stuck to a fiesta with a 2l mondeo engine!! I can think of better things to be doing with my money/time..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I've never managed to watch a full episode. It's crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Agree the cars looks crap but I enjoy the show mainly cos of the banter that goes on between the two guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Anything I've seen so far on it has been junk. Also I have noticed that they never show the dashboard or interior when the cars are finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I'd be more interested in who buys them after they've been gimped?

Lol, Gimp My Ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I don't know which is worse the E36 in the condition before or after the Chop Shop crew went at it.

Anyone who doesn't like BMW's but knows a BMW fan should show them it, I think it would drive a BMW fan crazy :D.

Advertisement