Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CDWOW are a shower of messers

Options
  • 17-12-2007 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

Is anyone else having fierce problems with CDWOW.ie and Christmas deliveries? I haveordered several items intended for Christmas presents from them and although they have been "dispatched" over a week ago (nearly 2 weeks ago with some items) Ive yet to recieve a single DVD or CD.

Im now faced with buying alternative gifts this week as Im worried the CDWOW stuff wont be here on time :( Ive tried emailing but no reply as yet.

Has anyone else been stung by this farcical company this Christmas?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Might not be cdwow's fault, I was waiting ages for a disc from play.com, and I've heard of other people having things delayed in the post. Seems that it's just the post is slow at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Stop fúcking whining. The items are being shipped from Japan. A week or two is normal for delivery at a normal time of the year. It's Xmas!!

Do what everyone else does and download.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

i had the same problem but mailed them and got a reply saying they are having serious problems with the irish post service and things going missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

magic, you cant exactly give a download to someone for xmas now can ya :P

saskia, i waited 6 weeks before.
    its christmas. the post service isnt dedicated to you.

postage from japan could take a lot longer than 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Do what everyone else does and download.

And support terrorism?????

NEVER.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I'm still waiting on 3 different things that were shipped from 3 different sellers on 29th-30th nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

blahblah06 wrote: »
    i had the same problem but mailed them and got a reply saying they are having serious problems with the irish post service and things going missing.

Going missing!?, Awww, i ordered a Christy Moore DVD weeks ago and still nothing. It's been at least 2 weeks since it was dispatched, It's not looking too good. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I had a package arrive from Play.com on Saturday. It took four days.

I ordered something this morning, hoping to get it by Friday:)

Although it is coming via UPS with a ''guaranteed'' 24-48 hour delivery. Last time i ordered from this company i received the item in approx 17 hours. It came from mainland europe. It better come before the 28th!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

my gf had to wait weeks too. She ordered two things. One has arrived and she's still waiting on the other one. Shower of messers indeed. Won't be buying from them again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Some packages get seized by customs and they take ages to come, I've had the same problem with both cdwow and play, they come really late with a sticker on the bag with some sorting company's name on it (can't remember the company but they scan the packages or something)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

sorry, but you should have ordered earlier. or ordered from somewhere with DHL or FedEx that you can track the parcel.

Ive ordered from play before and after a few weeks they re-sent the item because i hadnt got it.It arrived within 2 days and then a week later the original arrived, stamped by some company. obviously went missing or customs got it or something.

oh and theres a forum for this.. Consumer issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Saskia

noblestee wrote: »
    sorry, but you should have ordered earlier

No I shouldn't.

The website clearly states 7-10 days for Irish delivery. They were taking orders upto Friday for Christmas delivery ffs. I pity anyone who ordered from them over the past 3 weeks, we've all been suckered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Saskia wrote: »
    No I shouldn't.

There website clearly states 7-10 days for Irish delivery. They were taking orders upto Friday for Christmas delivery ffs :rolleyes: I pity anyone who ordered from them over the past 3 weeks, we've all been suckered.

They are a pack of liars, if the deliveries haven't made it don't expect them til after christmas. Just say they haven't come and buy presents in a shop.

Annoying, but there's not much else you can do because if they're delayed it means that company has your parcel and you won't be seeing it soon, it would be here otherwise

No I shouldn't.

The website clearly states 7-10 days for Irish delivery. They were taking orders upto Friday for Christmas delivery ffs. I pity anyone who ordered from them over the past 3 weeks, we've all been suckered.
    Sucker!!!!

Seriously, you just said yourself it's 7-10 days and by your original post the 10 days aren't even up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved. ¬_¬

When did you order?

Stuff was ordered in last week of November, are down as "sent" over 2 weeks ago.

Stuff was ordered in last week of November, are down as "sent" over 2 weeks ago.
    Are you sure about that?
    Is anyone else having fierce problems with CDWOW.ie and Christmas deliveries? I haveordered several items intended for Christmas presents from them and although they have been "dispatched" over a week ago (nearly 2 weeks ago with some items) Ive yet to recieve a single DVD or CD.

Im now faced with buying alternative gifts this week as Im worried the CDWOW stuff wont be here on time Ive tried emailing but no reply as yet.

Has anyone else been stung by this farcical company this Christmas?

Are you sure about that?

Yes.

Some were dispatched 2 weeks ago. Not all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭JohnC.

This is why I decided to put a hold on all my online orders from the start of this month until after Christmas. You always get these complaints at Christmas.

• Advertisement

Yes.

Some were dispatched 2 weeks ago. Not all.
    Try reading what i'm quoting because you are contradicting yourself.

I have.

SOME were dispatched 2 weeks ago.

Not all.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I ordered a good few things from CD Wow about 2 weeks ago, as did my parents. They all arrived within 5 days, which was great.

I ordered something 2 days before the last day for Christmas delivery. It stated that it was usually dispatched within 7 days, which I took to mean that I couldn't guarantee it'd be here for Christmas, which was fine. Today I received an e-mail saying that the supplier didn't have any in stock so they wouldn't be sending it. I was a bit annoyed because it was for my boyfriend to give to my family and I'd convinced him to use CD Wow instead of Amazon. The reason I used CD Wow was because it was so much cheaper than in the shops because it's region 1 and I had a 3 euro voucher.

It was the perfect present and all! But I will use CD Wow again, if only for things I know they'll have in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

An post are bad this year from what I'm hearing. It's not entirely CD WOW's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Yeah I've ordered stuff from play.com and a few other places in the UK, they all say they've been shipped and so far nothing, we still have a few days yet, I think theres even post on Saturday, if it doesn't turn up in time not much I can do except give everyone ious on Christmas morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

Its been very hit and miss but not sure if entirely cdwow's fault, stuff sent Nov 29th arrived only 3/4 days ago and then something sent Dec 12th arrived today...so what can you say, its in the hands of the gods!! ;) (or An post)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

CDwow have been very dodgy for quite a while, there has been many a thread about them on here.
    They changed owners recently, but it has made no difference.
    I ordered a game from them, seven days later, no information so I e-mailed them.
    They didn't have it stock, so I cancelled.

My son ordered an item,it was/is lost, cd wow said they would re-send,
    week later and still no sign, guess what? out of stock.
    In both cases we have have got refunds,then bought from Play.com and received the items within 4days.

The evening Herald did an article about their problems approx two weeks ago.
    Because of the amount of items going missing in Ireland.
    Response was that they had contacted the police and anpost to start an investigation.
    Turns out Anpost/Gardai had no contact from them at all!

Draw your own conclusions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nimbo01

I order a package from cd wow on Oct. the 20. They said they would
    send it on Dec. the 5 and i also got a notification.Today nothing har arrived and i go this mail from them:

Hi,

Thank you for your email although apologies that your item has not
    arrived.

We are currently investigating this matter and the relevant authorities
    are assisting us as we have noticed a growing trend whereby
    customers in your area appear not to be receiving their goods. We
    believe this to be a localised matter since no other area is
    experiencing such problems.

With this in mind we would ask for your co-operation by allowing a
    further 8 working days to see if the item arrives. If after
    allowing this period of time the item has still not arrived, please let
    us know so we can report it as 'missing' to the relevant
    parties concerned and take further action as necessary.

Many thanks for your understanding and patience.

Kind regards,

Nicole
    CD WOW! Customer services
    www.cd-wow.com

Has anyone seen this before?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I have ordered from CD-WOW on 4 occassions over the last 3 weeks, I have received each of them from Hong Kong. Obvioulsy I am in Glasgow which is Royal Mail

I think you need to direct your ire at An Post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Johannyogibear

yeah got same email Nimbo01 word for word. seems the problem must be localised to the area of Ireland. 3 weeks and waiting for delivery of a cd. me thinks i shall have to go to the shops and purchase this christmas present

Advertisement