Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CDWOW are a shower of messers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

heres my replys from cd wow
    Hi, Thank you very much for your recent order and sorry to hear you are stillyet to receive it. We fully expect all dispatched orders to be delivered within 8 working daysalthough, regrettably, some are occasionally delayed by Local Mail. Therefore, with this in mind, can I kindly ask you to allow 3 more postaldays for "Region 2 - Lost In Translation" and 4 more postal days for "2 -Europe and Japan - Moulin Rouge" to reach you, and for you to then contactme again if you are still awaiting delivery. I sincerely appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Hello Thank you for contacting us. Please be informed that your order has been dispatched on the following dates: 2 - Europe and Japan - Moulin Rouge 10/12/2007. Region 2 - Lost In Translation 07/12/2007. The majority of orders arrive well within a week, although we kindly ask all of our customers in Ireland to allow up to 8 workingdays for an order to be delivered from the date of dispatch. If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to get back to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nimbo01

Hi

I live in Denmark. And theres no postal issue here. Its funny how cd wow has problems with postal serivces all over the world.

I have just gotten reply from cdwow. Heres what they wrote:
    Hi,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please be informed that I am unable to resend the item due to the postal issue in Denmark.

Hence, I have now processed a full refund for the cost of the item.

If the item does turn up in the mean time, please do let us know.

If you have any further queries please do let us know.

Kind Regards,

Edward
    CD WOW! Customer Services
    www.cd-wow.com

When i ordered Blade runner special edition, the price was about 18£. Now the price is 28.99£. so my guess is , cd wow has priced the dvd to low on pre-release, and now they are trying to make up for that error, by blaming the postal service. They really suck

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rheafun

Nimbo01 wrote: »
    Hi

I live in Denmark. And theres no postal issue here. Its funny how cd wow has problems with postal serivces all over the world.

I have just gotten reply from cdwow. Heres what they wrote:
    Hi,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please be informed that I am unable to resend the item due to the postal issue in Denmark.

Hence, I have now processed a full refund for the cost of the item.

If the item does turn up in the mean time, please do let us know.

If you have any further queries please do let us know.

Kind Regards,

Edward
    CD WOW! Customer Services
    www.cd-wow.com

hi,
    just received similar email from cd wow this morning, re postal problems in ireland.
    so disappointing, as i thought the dvd was on its way since dec10th.
    never before had any complaint with cd wow.
    lesson learned......buy locally from now on.

Happy Christmas all!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rheafun

My dvd arrived from HongKong today via an post.

so no more panic for me.

Hope everyone else waiting is not disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

An post are unbelievable at this time of year. If items are going missing then a massive investigation should be launched. Don't they take on temps over Christmas to sort and deliver post? I'd say it is likely some of them are stealing items, especially when it is so obvious when a package is from cdwow/amazon/play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

Ordered 2 Dvds,one Arrived Still Waiting On Another.the Dvd Arrived With Customs Tape Around It

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

stuff i ordered from amazon.de took much longer than it should have to arrive, an post are failing to cope with the predictable seasonal increase in traffic as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

eth0_ wrote: »
    An post are unbelievable at this time of year. If items are going missing then a massive investigation should be launched. Don't they take on temps over Christmas to sort and deliver post? I'd say it is likely some of them are stealing items, especially when it is so obvious when a package is from cdwow/amazon/play.

I did Christmas work in one of the mails centre a few years ago. I very much doubt anyone would attempt to steal anything. Cameras everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

It does happen, though usually to cash stuffed xmas cards and not DVD box sets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Saskia

A quick update on this:

All my items arrived on the second last day of post, the Friday before Christmas. As cheap as it is I dont think I'll be using CDWOW again in November or December.

Im also hearing that even allowing for the Sterling difference that Play.com is better?

Where CDWOW are sh!te is their customer service. A template letter is sent out to any complainers and the use the same "missing post" lie again and again :mad:

I think we can do better :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Why are you blaming CD-WOW for the deficiencies of An Post?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

There have been issues with CDWOW in the past. I used to use them all the time now I use Play.com. At least you know if an item is in stock with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Saskia wrote: »
    Im also hearing that even allowing for the Sterling difference that Play.com is better?

I think we can do better :)

I've completely gone off play over their sterling rates. Today they say GBP 9.99 = EUR 15.49, where the exchange rate is 1.34 which should give 13.40.

Sendit.com seem to be working off the same exchange rate, of 1.55.

They're claiming free delivery when in fact they're upping the Euro price to incorporate it.

Advertisement