Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bar?

Options
  • 17-12-2007 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Does anyone know about a new bar opened by the moon river people in Carrick?
    I think it was supposed to be open early Dec?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

I saw a bar/cafe (maybe it was a hotel....:o) near the waterfront on Sunday opened. Just beside the landmark. Thought it said Cryans though...would that be a link to the other pub or an extension. Didnt spot anything otherwise. (I woudlnt make a good eye witness obviously!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Yes the new bar is Murtagh's. It's on Main street, across from the the swan bar.
    I think it has a niteclub as well. I havent been in it yet but it seems to get a good crowd.
    Might venture in over the Xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

That's Murtaghs that used to be a clothes shop? I don't know how it'll do up that end of town. Everything seems to happen from Dunnes/Flynns down towards the river. I suppose it's new so it'll do well for a while anyway.

It has very low roofs in it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭patpark121

Also informed that it's a no jeans or runners bar in the evening... anyone know if this is true??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I was talking to a guy who was there on Friday who said the place was very nice and alot bigger than he expected.
    If they're trying to enforce a no jeans policy, they're in for a miserable time, with both customer numbers and hassle at the door. No runners, people can get their head around, just about. Jeans are another story. 80-90% of guys will be wearing jeans, and a fair few ladies too. Women being stopped for what their wearing? I'd love to see their face and see how they like it:D
    I'd say it's just runners. I could be wrong. Landlords tend to get big ideas and high notions when they first open a spot. Anyone remember the Garavogue in Sligo? It had an over twenty three's policy, waiting staff for all tables and crap jazz playing in the background. Didn't last long:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

was in there Wednesday evening, have to say not my cup of tea, place was wedged but well done off

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

nanook wrote: »
    was in there Wednesday evening, have to say not my cup of tea,
    You weren't in for a cup of tea young nanook, were you? ;)

Merry Xmas btw for whats left of it anyhow and best wishes to all the good people of Leitrim for 2008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

Was there in the main bar over christmas, was nice inside, but nothing special, quite like the Swan across the road!

My bf was in jeans and runner, as were a few others that we were drinking with, and we got no hassle at all at the door, even though there were 2 bouncers and the place was full! they must have just liked the look of us....:)

I'd say it'll do quite well, especially with the over 25 crowd, especially now that Moon River is closed until Spring, but it may be a different story then, as it would be it's main competition, even though it's ran by the same people!!!

Advertisement