Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Clásico Sunday 23rd December

• 17-12-2007 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Its the biggest game in world football, and it is this Sunday. Rarely have both teams been is such form approaching the game, and this is a classic 6 pointer to boot. Real are 4 points better off than Barca, so the latter can ill afford to allow their bitter enemies to get 7 points ahead at the halfway stage, especially given Reals form over the last 8-9 months.

The fact Barca will be missing Messi is a massive blow, and i cannot stress that enough. The guy has been in amazing form for some time now, eclipsing Ronaldinho as the darling of the fans, and as worlds best player (cue Kaka' fans anger!). However, Eto'o is back and looking sharp, plus he loves scoring against Real, the club who absolutely shafted him as a young kid. Barca have a dearth of talent up front though with Henry, Giovanni, Bojan, Gudjohnsen, and that other fella - Ronaldinho.

Real for their part have a clean bill of health, though Im not sure of suspensions. Sneijder, RVN and Rauls form must worry the perennially shakey Barca defense. They are playing extraordinarily well, not conceding many, scoring plenty and top by 4 points, so they will be confident heading to the Camp Nou.

Cant wait. Hopefully we will see a humdinger like we did in March, but it unlikely it will be quite this good. It is a huge test for Barca, as 3 points heading into xmas, and the gap at just 1 would be huge psychologically. A point and Real would be happy, but I suspect they will not go looking for just 1.

Prediction : Barca 2 - 3 Real :(
    Eto'o 2.....................RVN 2, Raul

Enjoy gentlemen.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Ill be heading over for this game... Cannot wait... I cant see Madrid winning in the Camp Nou, I reckon a draw... Although barca have never lost when Ive went to see them... That has to count for something!!! :D

2-2... Etoo and Milito, RVN and Sergio Ramos... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Great game to go to, but delete that line immediately. I was flying to Liverpool last year the weekend Liverpool were to play Man u and loads of Irish Liverpool fans were telling me how they never seen Liverpool lose at home. They lost that weekend. they jinxed it for themselves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

If it's anywhere near as good as the 3-3 at Camp Nou last season, it will be some game.

Kick-off at what time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Is this on Sky? from their site it seems that they are going to show an hour of it? huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

My money is on Ruud creating or scoring the winning goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

gimmick wrote: »
    Great game to go to

Yeah I was at it last year, not going this year though :( I am going to juinx the game by saying that it won't be a 0-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Are Sky showing the game live or as live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Gonna be a christmas cracker! I'll have to record it though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

I wont be around for it either. :(

It's going to be tough without Messi but I really think Barça will win, either 2-1 or 3-2. Hopefully Ronaldinho will start this game but Rijkaard still hasn't forgiven him for screwing his wife!* That should mean Iniesta and Eto'o complete the front 3, with Toure Yaya, Xavi and Deco in midfield. Rijkaard may choose to go with Giovanni instead of Ronaldinho but I'm not sure he'll be able to make much of an impact.

Btw, Henry is back training in isolation with the fitness coach but there are no signs as to whether or not he'll be available for Sunday. Oh, and eZe^, bring a jacket with you. It's freezing over here! :D

*May not actually be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Are Sky showing the game live or as live?

Sun 23 Barcelona v Real Madrid (first half) Sky Sports 3 6pm La Liga
    Sun 23 Barcelona v Real Madrid (second half) Sky Sports 1 7pm La Liga

Live i tink, barca to win i reckon Realpoor away but should be up for it.

kdjac

• Advertisement

God I love iniesta... Im going to put this out there... I dont think we'll miss Messi too much as I can see Iniesta playing brilliantly in his position... Wait and see... Ill bring my jacket, cheers for the advice buddy!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Anyone know any way of getting tickets for this? How much would it cost me outside the stadium? Ill be in Barcelona anyway, where would be the best place to watch it over there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

bohsman wrote: »
    Anyone know any way of getting tickets for this? How much would it cost me outside the stadium? Ill be in Barcelona anyway, where would be the best place to watch it over there?

An Citeog live there maybe he could get you tickets :p

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

KdjaCL wrote: »
    An Citeog live there maybe he could get you tickets :p

kdjac

Flying home tomorrow morning for Christmas, so unfortunately I can't help you out there. That and the fact that I haven't heard a word about tickets. I'm only here a few months so I'm not sure how hard it is to get tickets for this match. I can usually just buy them at the ATM which is fairly handy.

Bohsman, I'd say it'd be fairly hit or miss whether you'd get a ticket or not. Depends how much you'd be willing to pay aswell and how many spar tickets the touts have. I'm sure it's worth a shot and you'll find a few bars around in that area. If you don't want the hassle, your best bet is to find a bar around La Rambla. There are a good few Irish pubs there and I reckon Flahertys (down near the bottom, in a little square just behind Burger King) is probably the best atmosphere-wise. It's big enough and they've got a couple of big screens aswell. The Temple Stone is a decent enough spot aswell. There's another sports bar a little bit further up La Rambla on the other side of the road and they've got a good few big screens. Never been there for a match though, so I can't tell you what the atmosphere's like.

Tbh, the best place to watch the match would be in any little Spanish bar. Find some place with a decent sized TV (around La Rambla if you like or slightly further away if you don't want to pay tourist prices) and just enjoy yourself. There are a lot of bars to the south of La Rambla and you're bound to find something there. If you want any more info pm me or post it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Like I said I went last year, but had tickets before I went. I met a few people who just turned up outside the stadium and picked up tickets before the game. I think one guy said he spent €200 per ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The thing is, Barca have a tourist allocation, that they only sell on the mornings of the game. Ask your hotel reception about them, most of them know about it.

I hope to see;

Valdes

Marquez
    Milito
    ---Puyol
    Abidal

Toure

Deco

Xavi

---Iniesta
    Ronaldinho
    Eto'o

Both teams are in form, have great players in their ranks and in a long time, we're not only seeing two even teams, but two teams full of stars ready to burst. If the midfield can control the game, then we will have plenty of chances for the attack which, even though it is missing Messi, is still very, very explosive.

Advertisement