Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza...

• 17-12-2007 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭

Had this conversation / argument with a few friends the other day...(and yes we were all slightly inebriated) but which was the best place in town to get a pizza delivery/takeaway from...

Pizza hut?
    Mizzonis?
    Godfather Pizza?
    Dominos?
    DiFontaines?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Would say Dominos but there far to expensive! i would have to say Godfathers if your on a Budget or Drunk then Mizzoni :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Apache

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Ciao Bella Roma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

bistro bianconi by a country mile methinks. unfortunately, more expensive though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Papa Johns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Pizza-hut is a no-no based on my standards
    Apache isn't that good, but better than domino

Mizzoni is something which I could think of.
    Actually I usually order from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Four Star Pizza.. yum yum yum

Really not a Mizzonis fan!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Apache. Never liked DiFontaines, the cheese did it, never found it nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

bistro bianconi !

Try the Carne Amore.
    "Bianconi pizza sauce, grated mozzarella, slices of succulent ham, chilli minced pork, smoked bacon pieces, and Krainer pepperoni covered in an extra layer of cheese on top."

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Apache is the ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Apache are far too stodgy. Dominos aren't much better. Are there any places that do a real thin base take-away pizza?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Rather than spending €15 on a soggy, greasy Dominos pizza, you'se should pick up a Dr. Oetker pizza for €3 in the local supermarket. They're absolutely delish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Apache is my favourite, Godfathers and Mizzoni are horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Max Pizza are your men if you're in Dublin... possibly only northside... I'm in Waterford at the moment and can't check the menu...

Anyways, cheap, good ingredients, some nice pizza's (Chicken curry pizza... Or the Feta Cheese one.. Or...) and friendly staff. Oh, and the pizzas are decent too.

Plus they'll accept all your vouchers from other companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Laslo wrote: »
    Rather than spending €15 on a soggy, greasy Dominos pizza, you'se should pick up a Dr. Oetker pizza for €3 in the local supermarket. They're absolutely delish!

You have got to be taking the piss. The sauce on them is absoloutely disgusting, and you can still taste the baking soda in the bread :eek: Ive had the odd pizza hich is pretty average, you eat the lot of it ad think "ack, it was alright, wouldnt do it again though". With Dr Oetker I think I managed two slices, I wouldnt eat it again for a bet.

Mizzoni and Dominos are pretty nice (though i think Mizzonis used to be better, I dont like the saltyer ham they use now as much as their old ham), as are Apache on occasion. Dunno about elsewhere but me and the lads are mystified as to how our local Godfathers is still open. Everyone I know has only eaten there once or twice and never again. They give next to none of the toppings you ask for, they are greasy and (iirc) more expensive than the rest.

Best pizza in Ireland has to be Pizza Mia in Dunshaughlin (think thats the name of it, it has mainly brickwork inside, brownish sign outside) The sauce, the ham, the shrooms, Im talking beautiful on a Hayden Pantierre scale here :eek: I never pass thru Dunshaughlin without stopping.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Bistro Bianconi is the yum! Wonderful thin base and the best mozzerella. They deliver around Ranelagh and their other branches are in Sligo.

Di Bella in Athlone has really good italian style pizza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Sandbar in Clontarf is really good (they deliver in some parts of D3 only, or you can take away)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Il Fornaio gets my vote (Kilbarrack/Raheny area), lovely pizza. Dont like Gpdfathers and Four star can be too dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

shane86 wrote: »
    You have got to be taking the piss.

I was thinking the same about you...
    shane86 wrote: »
    Dominos are pretty nice

Dominos are disgusting, greasy excuses for pizzas with sandpaper for the base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

NYPD Pizza. Sexy pizzas.

www.nypd.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement