Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Screwed" prob with screws on gearbox

Options
  • 17-12-2007 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi Guys have stripped my JG AKS down to the gearbox and need to open it. Heres the catch my allen keys are either too big or too small, ie as in the size is somewhere between 2mm and 1.5mm. Could this be cos its a cheap set or has any1 had this prob before ???????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Allen keys come in both metric and imperial sizes. You're gonna need to find an imperial set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

i dont think they are allan keys, the last time i opened a jg they where T8 or T10 torx heads

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Actually, yeah. my JG M4 uses T8 torx screws. Was an absolute pain to get the torx heads for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

My Tokyo Marui version 3 had T10 torque screws too. You can pick up a full torque set for only a few euro in any good hardware shop. I've never dealt with a JG version 3 but if they do use allen head screws there is a little trick you can try. Find a key that's a bit smaller then the hole diameter and insert it into the bolt, with the long part of the key lying along the small of your palm place your thumb over the end where the key bends, push your hand downward at the wrist untill the key is locked hard against the side of the bolt hole. This should allow you to make small turns of the bolt. Word of warning, this method is very hard on the bolt head and if it's made of cheap metal the head might start to shred if this is done too many times.

Advertisement