Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TBest shop for a turkey and ham

Options
  • 17-12-2007 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Anyone knowa good butchers/shop in cork to get a boned and rolled turkey and a smoked ham.
    In a rush last year- xmas eve and just managed to pick one up in the first place I went but it wasn't the best.

Also, what is the going rate roughly???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Hmmm well if its what im thinking of, im pretty sure when we have turkey for some sunday dinners (yesterday for example) its a boned and rolled one we have. (Has particulary no waste in it right?)

Well anyway if that's it..my mothers always gets it from Cribbins butchers in douglas/blackpool shopping centre. Its lovely! We always get it and my family are farmers/big meat eaters/always buy good quality meat.

They're about €20, which is good imho..we'd get it for christmas as it's cheaper/there's no waste in it/its tasty/etc but the parents/the rest of the family want the whole actual 'turkey' thing as it's christmas and what not!:rolleyes::D

Can't help you on the ham front..we get given ours from a local piggery farmer who vac-packs it and all for us:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ciano6

Definitely O´Mahony´s Butchers in the English Market. On the Grand Parade entrance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Looks like your all sorted OP..let us know how you get on.

Bon Appetit!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Cribbins or O'Donovans would be great I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Wife picked up the cribbins brochure/leaflet last week and it looks the business alright. Turkey, ham, steak, sausages and other bits starting for anound 70 quid. Will probably pop in there in the next few days and sort it out.

Cheers for the info, enjoy xmas

:):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

english market ask about prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Tony the butcher in Sundays Well.The best in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Went with cribbons i ndouglas in the end. Queue on xmas eve for pick up was like waiting for UN aid relief.

Not bad stuff though, will consider next year again.

Advertisement