Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stereo mute wire help

Options
  • 17-12-2007 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hey I need to add the mute wire from my bluetooth to pin 1 on the black connector. How do I go about doing this as all I have is the wire and not the silver little clips inside the connector. :confused: Thanks

pc080020smallgj0.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

just strip around 20 mm off the mute wire, poke it through the hole on the back side of the connector that has the other wires coming out of it, bend the bare wire over and insert the plug. tape the mute wires around the other wires to keep it steady. (that's how I did mine anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

OK - It looks like a VW Group car - there should be a 'map' to the wiring connections printed on a sticker on the stereo unit chassis. The mute will be clearly indicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think the OP knows which pin is which.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Darando

I think the actual silver pins (missing in your pin 1 position) are ISO connector pins- (think they are called M-55), try any car radio place they should have them (should be only a few cents for 1). Then just crimp it onto your mute wire and plug into the black housing. Thats if you want a proper job and not just a piece of wire (but a proper terminal). Both ways will work though.

Advertisement