Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Females thoughts on this gift!

Options
  • 17-12-2007 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭

Need to buy a gift for a good friend from work, been racking my brain trying to come up with something original and cool. In my searches i came across the "adopt an animal" gift sets, something like this: http://www.bornfree.org.uk/shop/acatalog/BigCatAdoptions.html

They do them for loads of different animals, bears, fish, badgers, you name it :D. What do the females of boards think? Lame? I know she loves animals.

Cheers
    Endo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved. ¬_¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Mate read the t&c's, it won't come in time for christmas.

Nice idea though if she likes animals

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭greine

Sweet, endurance man, but honestly, and this is just my opinion, these type of gifts, donations made on behalf of someone else, annoy me! If I want to make a donation to Bothar or gift aid or anyone else I am big enough to do that by myself, I don't need anyone to do it for me, and likewise if you want to donate to these charities do so for yourself, saying that I gave the donation is just a lie and i just don't get it! If you have been touched by that animal charity, do something from you, maybe tell your friends about the website too but do consider that your friend might appreciate a gift from you to her much more than a gift from you to Sinbad, the lion, on her behalf! Hope this helps;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I wouldnt like it either sorry, I know one of my friends would (and has adopted a gorilla) but the majority of us wouldnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Its a nice idea but its not that great to be honest. A frend of mine got one as a gift for valentines day but she would rather have had something physically in front of her rather than a pic on paper sayin that u have adopted this animal. Theyre just my thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Thanks for the input, i decided against this gift, got her something else. I think these types of things are probably before their time. In time people will hopefully realise material possessions are useless if the world around you is f'd.

Advertisement