Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling in rat burrows?

Options
  • 17-12-2007 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I've just discovered some holes/burrows in the garden (there's a concrete path running around the house and the holes are at the edge of this) I presume they were made by rats as the little b's are everywhere this year.

- just wondering what is the best way to fill these in?
    I can't really use poison as I have a dog...

dont think the holes could have been made by the dog as they are far too small and neat!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

I don't think filling them in will do anything for the rats - except annoy them a little that they have to reburrow a new exit.

You'll probably be OK with poison as long as it's covered. I've a got a dog and I lay poison in 2 - 3 foot lengths of 6 inch diameter soil piping. Most poison baits have holes bored in them so that you can wire them into the pipe so tha tthey won't fall out.

Obviously if your dog is small enough to get into a 6 inch pipe you'd need to look at something smaller or use a baitbox type of thing.

Advertisement