Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dremel or better alternative

• 17-12-2007 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

I have a modding project in mind and am looking to get a dremel or a good alternative, would you have any advice regarding where to buy them or if there is a good and possibly cheaper alternative?

thanks,
    req

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

What are you going to be doing with it? You might be able to avoid a dremel altogether..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

i have to do a few things one being to remove a drive cage but mainly to cut a window of this. I'm thinking of buying a coolermaster 690 and respraying it for a black and white theme mainly inspired by banksy's stencil work. I want to remove the front drive cage and put a dual rad in so i might need to use it to cut two blowholes. i have a laser guided jigsaw cutter but i think i'll need a dremel for detailed work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

just get a dremel. you wont be dissapointed.

Better yet, i could loan you mine if you needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Or even better yet ;) - I found one of these during my clearout :)
    I'll throw it up on Adverts in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

thanks guys much appreciated wizzard i'll have a look at yours tonight when i drop out. Anti thanks for the offer and advice, i think i'll just get one, anywhere online that i should get one? or should i swing over to b&q and get one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I got my dremel in argos. pretty good bundle for 60€

Advertisement