Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

itunes question

• 17-12-2007 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Anybody well up in itunes ?

I have all my music on my c: drive but want to move it to d: drive because of space issues, how can I point all my music in itunes to the new location ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gerry99

not sure m8 , maybe just a straight copy of the itunes folder???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

Simplest way is to,

Change the media library location in the location you want on d drive:
    Perferences -> advanced -> General menu

Tick "Keep iTunes music folder organised"

Then select Advanced -> consolidate library.

That should start a copy of all your music to your new location while keeping your play counts and rating etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭p15574

Another way is to export your library to an XML file (thus saving your ratings/playlists etc), remove iTunes, move your music folders, reinstall iTunes and add the music again, edit the xml file and do a search and replace of the basic location, e.g. replace all "C:\Music" with "D:\Music", and then import the xml file to setup the ratings and playlists.

Advertisement