Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thanks, but no thanks

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Yeah, had to pull the 'i have a boyfriend' line last night. Was out with my friend, the 2 of us were sitting in a corner having a chat and this fella asks can he sit and talk to us. He was there on his own and was a bit strange. He only left 30 minutes later.... We were not at all giving him the vibes but he would not go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

Do women actually do that? I've never come across it, although I know how to take no for an answer

I use wrong numbers for all my grocery store club cards
    and forms I fill out on the internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

jezza wrote: »
    Jezza is not trollin'
    I know, thats the sad part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

St Bill wrote: »
    Well I started this thread, and I was talking to one of the guys in question about house-prices. I was talking to the other guy about work. If you can talk about house-prices and work in a seductive and sexy way, well then I take my hat off to you

You can certainly flirt. You don't have to be seductive & sexy to lead someone to believe you're interested. Generally flirting is more about how you talk rather than what you talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Some men think you are flirting with them if you have a pulse....

Nice guys done realise how many assholes we girls have had to put up with before you come along...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Matt Holck wrote: »
    I use wrong numbers for all my grocery store club cards
    and forms I fill out on the internet

I do that all the time as well, or else I'll give an old phone number that I don't use any more!!

Never given the wrong number to a fella though, I'd be terrified that they'd ring it there and catch me out. The old, 'I have a boyfriend', works most of the time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

you could always give them a fake number and then go "cool, it is so nice to finally meet someone else who isn't interested in sex before marriage, and I so can't wait to bring you home to meet my parents and my older brothers."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

You can certainly flirt. You don't have to be seductive & sexy to lead someone to believe you're interested. Generally flirting is more about how you talk rather than what you talk.

Ok, ok ..... in future I just won't talk to men in nite-clubs (awaits 'Stuck-up women in nite-clubs' thread :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

If a bloke can't tell them im not interested after a few minutes than I normally just tell them im not!! I did use the I have a boyfriend line once but I got caught out at the end the night when the fella in question saw me snogging another guy at the side of the dance floor. He looked really hurt and I felt very guilty so I never would lie like that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

Karen33 wrote: »
    Years ago I was asked up at a slow set and when I refused and pilitely might I add, the guy spat in my face! Can't beleive it happened to you too Spin!
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    Same thing happened to my friend when we were out this christmas.
    The wanker seemingly had the memory of a goldfish, and would try to molest her and then back off when he could see she wasn't interested. Then do it again 16 seconds later.
    He was quite drunk so she wasn't aggressive or anything, but in the end he spat on her!

Thats a vile thing to do, if it happened to me I'd plant the little sh1t!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Kazobel wrote: »
    Thats a vile thing to do, if it happened to me I'd plant the little sh1t!

That what i said or a swift knee to the balls would soon get the message accross

Advertisement