Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ABA with ICEP

Options
  • 17-12-2007 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi there, I am currently looking at an online course with ICEP in ABA.

http://www.icepe.eu/aba.html

My question is that as i am a special needs assistant and not a teacher will the DES recognise this qualification for me?

I have NUI psychology cert and SNA Diploma.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lou-cooney

Hello okgirl,
    If you look on rollercoster.ie you may find some information there. it is a fantastic website. im not too sure if you have the right qualifications to become an ABA tutor. but maybe just maybe you can do it if you put your mind to it. there might just be the right little course out there for you!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭okgirl

Has any one any relevant information about my query. I am not sure if sending €700 on a course that is not recognised by DES is such a good idea. would I have to have the relevant teaching degree?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I am sure with the pSY course you would meet the DE criteria for home tuition but you would need experiance.My advice is to stay away from distance learning when it ABA as a lot would be hands on with the children.I think maybe getting a post in a ABA school?
    HTH,
    well done
    cathy

Advertisement