Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best nightspots in Carlow?

• 17-12-2007 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Folks what are the best nightsports in Carlow town?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

theres a thread here best pubs in carlow

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055148706

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Thanks Patrickc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Sorry to hijack this a bit but has anybody been in the 2 nightclubs since they opened up again?

Thanks Patrickc

no problem CF
    tommycahir wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack this a bit but has anybody been in the 2 nightclubs since they opened up again?

my sister was in the foundry, says it was as crap as ever..

I'm going to the talbot for some shindig over new years but was planning on venturing into the town the night before new years eve

• Advertisement

are you in your 20's/30's/40's approx what age and then give you some pub names...

mid 20's patrickc

for a good night out try leveritt and frys and if your a smoker nice smoking area there too, thats on Dublin street, Tully's bar is a personal favourite of mine on Tullow street, always a good atmosphere in it if the crowds there. avoid scraggs across from it, it stinks (it will be packed but with young uns and skangers) and the beer is sh*t in it. the barracks further up the street is a nice pub too, usally dead packed and on a few levels. if your going to a night club Dinn ri aka the foundry is usally the most popular, but the better of the three in town.. theres definitely no shortage of pubs in Carlow

Cheers patrickc i'll make try and pay a visit to them all!

post back after and let us know what you think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭xual

Tavern... straight up best buzz ever

as if the tavern.. for middles aged fighting folk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

The Tavern has its own uniqueness! It does pull in a broad age range too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

Was in Club Tao over the festive season, have to say its CRAP! There was about 10 people in the place. They have done it up and it looks good but you cant beat the Foundry. This has been proven time and time agian look at Cosmo Browns that went out the window fairly quickly. Even people who dont like the Foundry go there cause everyone else does. Its a shame as I hate the place. I prefer Scraggs-nice out the back since it wa sdone up and The Med abr is open again also looks good.

fitzyshea wrote: »
    Was in Club Tao over the festive season, have to say its CRAP! There was about 10 people in the place. They have done it up and it looks good but you cant beat the Foundry. This has been proven time and time agian look at Cosmo Browns that went out the window fairly quickly. Even people who dont like the Foundry go there cause everyone else does. Its a shame as I hate the place. I prefer Scraggs-nice out the back since it wa sdone up and The Med abr is open again also looks good.

I was talking to a guy who works in Tao. He was saying they really are clamping down on skangers, hoodies, trainers and ben sherman and the likes. So really all thats left is the brave few who venture away from The Foundry.

I really hope peoples attitudes change and start trying Tao. Most of my mates wont even try it so I still havent gone there. And thats the problem they face, eventually they may have to start allowing the skangers in which will ultimately be the ruin of it.

I was talking to a guy who works in Tao. He was saying they really are clamping down on skangers, hoodies, trainers and ben sherman and the likes. So really all thats left is the brave few who venture away from The Foundry.

I really hope peoples attitudes change and start trying Tao. Most of my mates wont even try it so I still havent gone there. And thats the problem they face, eventually they may have to start allowing the skangers in which will ultimately be the ruin of it.

Tao what a name even.. it'll always be the skangery edge to me

patrickc wrote: »
    Tao what a name even.. it'll always be the skangery edge to me

Yeah it is going to be hard to lose that stigma.

Well didnt make it away from the Talbot hotel, Went on a 12 hour bender... great fun with me and the friends and a couple of random old guys up drinking in the residents bar til about half 4 singing songs......

New years was ok, a bit on the older side then about 11pm a few kids (as in under 10) appeared in but was a decent enough night

Well didnt make it away from the Talbot hotel, Went on a 12 hour bender... great fun with me and the friends and a couple of random old guys up drinking in the residents bar til about half 4 singing songs......

New years was ok, a bit on the older side then about 11pm a few kids (as in under 10) appeared in but was a decent enough night

next time u venture to carlow so you can try the town pubs

Advertisement