Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All the gear, not much idea

• 17-12-2007 11:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, ive been shooting for a few years now and recently traded my 22lr for a 223 as a farmer in my local area asked me to sort out his fox problem,
    Ive shot some foxes but not any great numbers. So ive the rifle, the lamp and the caller, Is there anyone here willing to show me some "fieldcraft"? As the lad i usually go out with only hunts with lurchers during daytime
    All i know is what ive read and seen in Dvd's.
    And no im not some dude who stumbled across the shooting fourm that wants to meet up to steal your firearms.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 gun mad

Hey guys, ive been shooting for a few years now and recently traded my 22lr for a 223 as a farmer in my local area asked me to sort out his fox problem,
    Ive shot some foxes but not any great numbers. So ive the rifle, the lamp and the caller, Is there anyone here willing to show me some "fieldcraft"? As the lad i usually go out with only hunts with lurchers during daytime
    All i know is what ive read and seen in Dvd's.
    And no im not some dude who stumbled across the shooting fourm that wants to meet up to steal your firearms.

wheare are you iam in wexford???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

im in Meath but am willing to travel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Sorry don't mean to go off topic, but I really wish I could get that thread title printed on a trophy, I know a few lads who could do with winning that prize :D

At least the OP is looking for a hand. Best of luck to you, sometimes the best way to get up on your feet is to try your hand at it and learn slowly, don't be afraid to hold off a shot if you're not too confident ;)

spideog7 wrote: »
    Sorry don't mean to go off topic, but I really wish I could get that thread title printed on a trophy, I know a few lads who could do with winning that prize :D

At least the OP is looking for a hand. Best of luck to you, sometimes the best way to get up on your feet is to try your hand at it and learn slowly, don't be afraid to hold off a shot if you're not too confident ;)

Dont get me wrong, i have been hunting for years but mostly wild fowl, just recently started hunting Charlie fox so cheers for the much needed advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Rossenarra

bitemybanger is doing the correct thing per Robert Bucknells book (which is probably thee book)....I am in a similar position to "bitemybanger" as I have all the gear (just waiting on rifle but have everying else and have triied with shotgun).......If one tries to go out and make feeble attempts in calling foxing you will make it 10 times harder to call the foxes when the pro comes in................you are far better of going out with a pro from the start and just learning

• Advertisement

Yea but it's easy to learn bad habit's from a "pro" to be honest I trust myself more than some of the lads who think they know what they are talking about. Of course if you actually got someone who was good then fair enough.

spideog7 wrote: »
    Yea but it's easy to learn bad habit's from a "pro" to be honest I trust myself more than some of the lads who think they know what they are talking about. Of course if you actually got someone who was good then fair enough.

spideog7, dont mean to be rude but please dont post in this thread if all you have to offer is your opinion, im not looking for opinions, im looking for somone who does some fox hunting and wouldnt mind if i joined them for a hunt to show me how its done. everyone has some bad habbits, alot of its common sence

No worries, I do shoot.
    I was just warning you not to take everything you see or are told as gospel truth.

And for what it's worth your in the wrong place if you don't want to hear opinions ;) this place is full of them, ideals too... terrible things !! :D

Advertisement