Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart broadband good for gaming in Cork?

Options
  • 18-12-2007 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

I'm looking for a DSL provider in Cork City, i want something that can provide low enuough pings for Xbox live. Smart have zero contention so thats catching my eye, is their service good for gaming? If not, what other DSL provider is fast?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭_Nuno_

I don't have smart, unfortunatelly they don't cover my area, but people I know that do are very happy with it. I think it's actually the only decent provider in Cork, maybe even in Ireland. The fact that there's no contention ratio at all says everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Smart Telecom in Cork: very happy with them. Fast pings, even though we're a good bit away from the exchange, and no issues with speed because there's no apparent contention! Not to mention a lack of download cap... So yeah I'd recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Smart Telecom in Cork: very happy with them. Fast pings, even though we're a good bit away from the exchange, and no issues with speed because there's no apparent contention! Not to mention a lack of download cap... So yeah I'd recommend them.

Ill second this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭6digitnumber

Thanks, I think I'll be going with smart alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Yep, I'm paying for 3mb and getting 4mb at all times, day or night thanks to the no contention! Perfect for on-line gaming.

• Advertisement
Advertisement