Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SWOS out on this wednesday on XBLA!

• 18-12-2007 12:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Was just on MajorNelson there and noticed that Sensible Soccer is being released this week on arcade. This was one of my favourite games growing up and should be a decent bit of craic online. Anybody else going to be getting this over crimbo?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Beware, you may end up spoiling some Childhood memories.
    I used remember Speedball 2 to be good but couldn't believe how bad it was when I checked it out on Live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

hehe :)

yeha some of the games arnt as good ,

and icant weigh up paying 800 points or 400 for them since i can play them on my old consoles here at home

still got my megadrive :)

but bomberman looks like fun i have to say

still 12 euro is a bit much for a game like that

they shud be a 5er

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Yeh they are quite expensive considering you can dl a rom in two secs but the fun of playing swos on live will be great (fingers crossed).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭selephonic

From what I've read it's SWOS including the career/manager mode with international management, so its different to the old console versions. Its based on the amiga version which destroyed my education! Probably the best game ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Going by the Xbox forums it seems to be making its way round the servers now, apparently a 9 GMT release... wish i wasnt working ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭rcs

Anyone got this yet.... let me know what it's like.... can't wait til I finish work !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

its about time! cant wait to play it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/s/sensibleworldofsoccerxboxlivearcade/default.htm

There doesn't seem to be any multiplayer just some co-op on the same 360. I would love some online aswell Im not really interested football at all, I just remember playing this as a kid(when we all loved football) in my cousins house it was great :D

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Surely there has to be local 2player, not just a co op..
    if not that would be the most ridiculous thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

On that page it says
    Players: 1-2
    Players Co-op: 1-2

I take it that means 1-2 players head to head or 1-2 players co-op (don't know if the co-op is 2 players on one team, or up to two players per team in a 2-v-2 situation).

From Major Nelson
    Content: Sensible World of Soccer
    Price: 800 Microsoft Points
    Availability: Not available in Japan
    Dash Text: [ESRB: E (EVERYONE)] Single Player, Xbox LIVE Multiplayer 1-2, Local Multiplayer 1-2, HD (High Definition). Sensible World of Soccer is the classic 90’s football game reborn with enhanced graphics! Take on your friends online now in this fantastic pick up and play football game. Play a quick game, or manage your team over a full season with a fully immersive tactics editor.This game uses technology of Massive Incorporated ("Massive") that enables in-game advertising. Massive may collect your Internet protocol address and other anonymous information for the purposes of transmitting and measuring in-game advertising. Massive does not store or use this information for discovering your identity. Please see Massive's privacy policy: http://www.massiveincorporated.com/site_network/privacy.htm. Trademarks and copyrighted material in in-game advertising are the property of the respective owners. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/Live/accounts.

Questions
    - What's the Massive 'in-game advertising' about?
    - Why do they need your IP and other 'anonymous' information?
    - Why does it cost 800 points, if they're going to have a heap of advertising in there too?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

This game is going to rock! I still play my emulator of it!

Boards league anyone?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Right boss says I can go home(i love my boss).... I'm off for some sensi soccer. Bang on The Pixies, grow my hair long, grow some bum fluff on my face n i'm back in my teens!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Its just been withdrawn apparently.

Just reading about it... its because you cant go online while playing it, logs you out of Xbox Live when it starts up. Hopefully theres a very quick fix. People have been agitated enough bout the delays already

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=89651

Ha what a joke, someone put a wrong version up for download.

Thats gas... someone's not getting their christmas bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

has anybody played it??

what do u think...was it worth the wait?

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/Nevaeh2Die4&quot; scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>

This damn game has still not been put back on Live - what a joke... RAGE

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

This back up yet???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Never like this game, mates brother was mad about it, spent hours playing it.

SWOS fixed and back up on marketplace. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

Ya decided to give myself an early xmas present - I know a whole ten euro.

Just playing it here now on live and after the first 20 seconds the thing has frozen haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm a lot crapper than I remember. I don't seem to remember the players not being able to hold the ball properly when turning. I was raised on the MegaDrive version though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Jesus, this is much faster and harder than I remember it! I just tried the demo and got trounced 5-Nil!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm a lot crapper than I remember. I don't seem to remember the players not being able to hold the ball properly when turning. I was raised on the MegaDrive version though.

Megadrive version was notorious for the stickyness of the ball. This is the Amiga version of the game and bar the changed names and teams, as far as I can tell plays identically. If anyone's up for some multiplayer feel free to send friend request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

How do you dribble with the ball? Its impossible to do without losing the ball

There's sort of a technique to it... hard to explain... just make sure the ball is fairly central to the players feet before trying to twist & turn... if it's on the outside you'll lose control.....

I'd say me as an 8yr old would hammer me at this game :) Gonna take a bit of practice to get used to it again !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement