Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions and Answers

Options
  • 18-12-2007 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Anyone see it from The Hilton tonight?
    Seems to me if a certain City Politician dropped his pants bared his bare arse and shouted "Up Tipp" there would still be a majority of yahoos would cheer him

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

I watched some of the Q&A last night a beleive that W ' dea was a little evasive when it came to the question of Limerick city taking in some of the surrounding inhabitate land.(boundry extension).We have a simalar problem here with south Kilkenny, Waterfrod city is also trying to extend the boundry,we are also running into the same politcal bull.(hand off kilkenny)

it is good to see that limerick is been shown in a more positive light, the docklands development will be graet for the City.I was in Limerick last saturday at UL bohs rygby pitch, boy the university campus is really impressive.The better half was really taken back with the the wide range of different shops.man i will pay for that trip later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Watched it last night alright, interesting show just happened to come across it had no idea it was gonna be in Limerick

Annoyed me how O Dea kept dodging the question about the boundry extension alright, the guy on the far right (walsh I think) sure knew what he was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

1huge1 wrote: »
    the guy on the far right (walsh I think) sure knew what he was talking about.

Yeah , I had not heard the man speak before but knew of him and had also heard the stories of how Chuck Feeney had helped him and the university . A very intelligent man and a very good speaker .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

jonski wrote: »
    Yeah , I had not heard the man speak before but knew of him and had also heard the stories of how Chuck Feeney had helped him and the university . A very intelligent man and a very good speaker .
    Which is all the more reason that this article from the Limerick leader annoyed me so much

http://www.limerickleader.ie/3419/Councillors-slam-Walsh-report-on.3600253.jp

The councillers expected the slight extension to be the end of all the boundry extensions for the city

All they did was add a few 1000 people!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

1huge1 wrote: »
    Which is all the more reason that this article from the Limerick leader annoyed me so much

Maybe it's a case of "we didn't think of it so how dare anyone else".

• Advertisement
Advertisement