Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

renew motor tax online.

Options
  • 18-12-2007 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

i just bought a car 1month ago and tax is expire now. i'd like to renew it online but i was asked for PIN on the webpage, it said the PIN is on the form RF100B.

could anyone tell me where can i get that form?
    or i have to go down to motor tax office to renew it?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

i just bought a car 1month ago and tax is expire now. i'd like to renew it online but i was asked for PIN on the webpage, it said the PIN is on the form RF100B.

thanks!

If I remember correctly, you can use your engine code for your pin or something like that. Whats happened here is the previous owner hasnt updated the tax details (or had but letter had already been sent to the registered owner). Best just to pop down to the tax office. Easier realistically!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

no they send it to you on the tax renewal form., they wont give it to you over the phone either so you might just have to go and tax it at the tax office if they dont send the form out to you.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 LuciferGary

i see, i better off go down to the office.

but which motor tax office is near by Rathgar area?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

there are 2.

nutgrove shopping centre & River House in city centre.

If you can afford it, get 12months cos the tax is going up in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Theres one in Clondalkin aswell if your out that direction at all.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

the one in town is horrible, i wouldnt go there if i was you., theres always about 70 people there at least.,

Stekelly wrote: »
    Theres one in Clondalkin aswell if your out that direction at all.

i may go down to that one 2morrow,cos have to meet someone over there in the morning.

sgt.bilko wrote: »
    there are 2.

nutgrove shopping centre & River House in city centre.

If you can afford it, get 12months cos the tax is going up in February.

what???
    going up???
    my tax is 599per year and i thought it is very high.

do u know how high it will go?

vtec wrote: »
    the one in town is horrible, i wouldnt go there if i was you., theres always about 70 people there at least.,

i was there b4 and it is horrible. i spend half day there only for hand in a form.:D

what???
    going up???
    my tax is 599per year and i thought it is very high.

do u know how high it will go?

? there isnt a €599 tax band.

It's going up 9.5% from Feb 1st.

• Advertisement

i just went downstair and had look at the disk, it says 599
    it's BMW 316 1895cc.

so, assume it is 599, after feb it will be 656, that's a lot money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I can back that up....I presume it's €539, it'll be €590 from Feb 1st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

My tax is up in January.
    Can I actually pay up the entire year at the old price, or do I have to pay one month + the new rate for 11 months?

i just went downstair and had look at the disk, it says 599
    it's BMW 316 1895cc.

so, assume it is 599, after feb it will be 656, that's a lot money.

You 100% it says €599 cos thats completely wrong. It should say €511. Will be €559 after Feb.

mick.fr the sytem doesnt change till feb so anythign done before that is at current rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

thanks!

Have you not checked Motortax.ie? All forms are available in the Motortax office or for download.

If you want to tax it online, you need to have the Registration Book sent to the Dept. of Environment & Local Government with your name, etc., (new ownership details).

At the next renewal period, they will send you the form with the pin code and you can do it online from the month before it's up.

Or, you can renew it anytime in the motortax office. You can also just send it by post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭High&Low

antodeco wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, you can use your engine code for your pin or something like that. Whats happened here is the previous owner hasnt updated the tax details (or had but letter had already been sent to the registered owner). Best just to pop down to the tax office. Easier realistically!

I think this is only the case in a new car or an imported car, it is definitely not the case for a second hand car.

IN my experience when you buy a second hand car, you always have to go to the tax office to tax it for the first time, everytime after that you get a form in the post a month before the tax is due with the PIN on it.

Advertisement