Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing a Light Bulb...

Options
  • 18-12-2007 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭

A halogen downlighter to be precise!

Sounds stupid I know,but never had to change a halogen sunken downlighter.

havin a terrible time trying to unscrew the bulb,nothing to grip to.Any tips on how to take these out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

There should be a spring on the inner edge of the fitting , holding the bulb in, remove this and the bulb and holder should just drop out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Just to add, some of these are bayonet and some are just push in. It's normally only the larger sizes that are screw in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

what type of halogen is it ?wattage and lenght ect...... also to add dont touch the glass on the new one when installing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Have tried to push the bulb in but won't budge.

At a guess I'd say the buld is 35w.Its a bit larger than the ones that just push in when installing but more so the type that pushes up and twist to the right.

Have tried to untwist it but fingers keep slipping.And am not able to locate the spring on the inner esge as there is no room to see between that and the edge of the bulb.

wreckin the head now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

At a guess I'd say the buld is 35w.Its a bit larger than the ones that just push in when installing but more so the type that pushes up and twist to the right.

sounds like your describing a flouresent tube to me. whats the lenght of the bulb....roughly

• Advertisement

I have similar type at home and the trick I use, is to get a large piece of blutack and place it on the face of the bulb (like a small plunger shape) and unscrew the bluetack.

Advertisement