Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hard as nails c*nts

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

yabadabado wrote: »
    that german keeper who nearly killed a french forward in a game

tony schumacher

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

pd101 wrote: »
    Gabriel Heinze doesnt pull out of too many tackles.

please dont compare that judas c**t to a hardman. in my opinion, he dived into too many tackles, needlessly. made him looked hard, but that he wasnt or isnt. just a bad tackler. vidic and evra are hard c**ts. shame rio aint, john terry is another man who would go through a brick wall for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Stromecek wrote: »
    He's small,
    he's hard,
    he's known to the guards,
    it's Tony Shields,
    it's Tony Shields!

The man is a committed all action hard c**t of a midfielder
    never, ever pulls out of a tackle, and looks on the verge of
    pure evil sometimes when he plays, good passer of the the ball too :D

can't be as bad Stephen Parkhouse surely, i f**king hate that guy :mad:

unlike most of the pussies like Vidic mentioned in this thread, anyone who has witnessed Alan Reynolds in 'action' knows what a serious c**t is

great player though, when he's not killing the opposition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

please dont compare that judas c**t to a hardman. in my opinion, he dived into too many tackles, needlessly. made him looked hard, but that he wasnt or isnt. just a bad tackler. vidic and evra are hard c**ts. shame rio aint, john terry is another man who would go through a brick wall for you.

Case in point, shtickin his ceann out for a header against Arsenal, only to have it all but removed! :eek: Tough son of a gun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Jazzy wrote: »
    Jaap Stam was another animal. looked like he had taken horse steroids
    he had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Fabricio Coloccini is a bit of a nutter as well, and jaysus how could I forget Marco Materazzi. Two loose cannons of the highest order.

Boy did Marco not like Shevchenko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jesus, didnt realise Materazzi was such a f*cking nut......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Obviously Diego Lugano.

The thing about Vidic is apparently he's an upper class Serb.

The thing about Vidic is apparently he's an upper class Serb.

Why would that make a difference? Brian McBride and Scott Parker are hardly "working class" and they are both hard as nails.

I think it would, generally people from 'harder' areas will be tougher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Where youre from has no bearing on how tough you are.

You're right in the actual true context of the word, but from a footballing aspect(and sport in general) most of the hard guys will be from poor areas.

Obviously fighting for your life after a car accident, and surviving is tough and has no connection to your social status.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

Archimedes wrote: »
    Where youre from has no bearing on how tough you are.

QFT

lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

semibluff wrote: »

QFT

lol

I could buy and sell your sorry ass :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

materrazi was just a dirty **** imo, although i have warmed a little after seeing those clips, i hadnt seen the one on inzaghi before, lol even though his own international teammates he was a vicious prick! i do like the numerous assaults on sheva tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Lads, keep the abuse out. From here on in, anyone using this thread to slag off players gets a 1 month ban.

No problem with saying someone is a hard as nails c*nt, as I'm assuming its a good thing, but "scumbag", thug, "judas c*nt* etc arent really the point of the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

lmao, marco is quite the nutter it appears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

kaimera wrote: »
    lmao, marco is quite the nutter it appears.

Look at his top 5 bad tackles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQtaaTpFDuQ&feature=related

The tackle on lentini looked more painful than the car crash he was in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Feck Marco is a complete nutter ... you can hardly call him a footballer ... he never seems to get anywhere near the ball, except Shevas of course :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

my definition of a 'hard' player would be one I wouldnt like to play against and go into a 50-50 tackle with. however, that doesnt include dirty feckers like essien/gerrard/m.brown etc who are hard but would jump 2-footed into that 50-50.

it does include roy keane/tony adams/dennis wise/paolo montero/mark hughes all players who would more than likely win the ball, break me in two and do it all cleanly without commiting a foul.

Currently in the premiership I'd say scott parker deserves a mention, tim cahill is very tough for his size, toure is quite hard, terry I wouldnt mess with but lately he has been getting a bit dirty for my liking. Carragher is tough too, as is yer man that plays centre half for blackburn (ryan nelson is it?).

Back in the days, Billy Bremner/Johnny Giles/ Souness/Moran/Mackay/Billy McNeill and most of the Uruguay players pre 1970 would be classed as hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Look at his top 5 bad tackles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQtaaTpFDuQ&feature=related

The tackle on lentini looked more painful than the car crash he was in

That one on Benni McCarthy beside the corner flag :eek:

FFS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

OP says Scott Parker, WTF :confused: He blocked a few free kicks, thats the least you would expect!

Whatever happened to the 'non nonsense' type of player like Mick Harford who used to play for Wimbledon ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

psi wrote: »
    Lads, keep the abuse out. From here on in, anyone using this thread to slag off players gets a 1 month ban.

No problem with saying someone is a hard as nails c*nt, as I'm assuming its a good thing, but "scumbag", thug, "judas c*nt* etc arent really the point of the thread.

let me get this right psi. You make up a rule on the spot about not calling players names, and ban jazzy for slagging a player off before the rule was even made? What sense does that make?

And what is wrong with calling a player a name? If I called Hitler a scumbag am I breaking ethical guidelines? I dont see why calling a random famous person/footballer a name merits a ban. Its not like its insulting anyone in this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

dardoz wrote: »
    let me get this right psi. You make up a rule on the spot about not calling players names, and ban jazzy for slagging a player off before the rule was even made? What sense does that make?

And what is wrong with calling a player a name? If I called Hitler a scumbag am I breaking ethical guidelines? I dont see why calling a random famous person/footballer a name merits a ban. Its not like its insulting anyone in this forum.

read the charter. he didn't make up any rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Michael Essien's pretty hard - nickname "The bison"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

Alan smith
    Bellamy
    Gerrard
    Essian
    Terry(Bravest)
    Marco materatzi,he is just a scumbag

No 1 wannabe hardman

Ashley cole,thinks he is hard,what a laugh

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,339 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There are no hardmen in football these days. There are some guys who are less wimpy than the norm, but put them up against the likes of Norman Hunter, Ron Harris, Tommy Smith, Peter Storey or Dave Mackay and they'll go home crying to their mammies. Stuart Pearce is the last true hard man in English football, IMO.

• Advertisement

stooge wrote: »
    my definition of a 'hard' player would be one I wouldnt like to play against and go into a 50-50 tackle with. however, that doesnt include dirty feckers like essien/gerrard/m.brown etc who are hard but would jump 2-footed into that 50-50.

it does include roy keane/tony adams/dennis wise/paolo montero/mark hughes all players who would more than likely win the ball, break me in two and do it all cleanly without commiting a foul.

Oh no, Keane would never do what Essien/Gerrard/Brown did. Remember the Ireland game in Lansdowne against Russia (I think) where he was sent off in the last minute? Remember Alf Inge Haaland?
    Sizzler wrote: »
    OP says Scott Parker, WTF :confused: He blocked a few free kicks, thats the least you would expect!

He's also the toughest tackler in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

For the older eircom league heads , what about Tom McNutly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

What about (our own?) Ray Houghton? He could take it and dish it out on the pitch and I remember a story about him nutting some guy who had nicked a purse off a little old lady, and possibly making off with the purse himself... (although the last part is potentially untrue)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Sarge wrote: »
    For the older eircom league heads , what about Tom McNutly.

Aye the Finn Harps and Dundalk lads will remember him as will the Cork City lads :D He was a right hard man. Let himself down bigtime when he finished his LOI career by getting a ten year ban for hitting a referee (I think!) whilst player managing for mediocre MDL side Rock Celtic. Since commuted though I think as he is back involved and it is no where near 10 years since his ban.

Advertisement