Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 - 3 Red Lights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Just rang there. The guy on the phone ahd a pretty heavy accent I couldn't understand.

Do you leave the hardrive attached to the Xbox Console. Its the xbox premium

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Hello all.

My Xbox froze on Monday and when turning it on today, I was met with one red light (player two' spot). I bought it in November of this year and have all the packaging, warranties etc., but not the receipt, as I lost all my receipts recently. :(

Can I still get a replacement via MS without proof of purchase? Sounds silly, but I'm quite ignorant regarding legal entitlements and such.

I'm going to ring them tomorrow or Friday, but I want to sound like I know what Im talking about before I do. So if anyone could let me know where I stand on the issue, that'd be great.

Any suggestions at all infact, would be helpful, thanks!

Sean

One red light is not the same problem as the 3 lights in the red ring of death. One red light can sometimes be caused if your AV cable is not in fully. Check that first.

If you do get the 3 red rings then MS will fix the console for you regardless of if you have your receipt or not.

Ciarán.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

apoch632 wrote: »
    Just rang there. The guy on the phone ahd a pretty heavy accent I couldn't understand.

Do you leave the hardrive attached to the Xbox Console. Its the xbox premium

If you're talking about sending your XBox back to Microsoft to be repaired then you need to take the harddrive off, ensure that there's no disk still in the console, remove any custom faceplates, etc. You just send them back the bare console (unless they have told you otherwise).

Ciarán.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

Got the dread three lights of death exactly two weeks ago. It was a launch day console so 2.5 years before it went wasn't bad.
    Rang up the support line - had the console collected next day - UPS man called at the door yesterday at 9:30 with my repaired console.

Everything working fine now. Not happy that it broke but i can't complain about the repair process - fast and efficent (although they have had plenty of practice :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ageary08

Great, my xbox 360 elite died around the first of may, came back in two weeks, I got another 3 weeks out of it and now its bloody dead again. At this rate it`ll spend 50% of its time jetting around europe, which to make matters worse is 100% more jetting around europe than me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Silver Serpent

Does anyone know if this is good or bad news. According to UPS Tracking Info, the package was signed for yesterday at the MS Centre, but is reading Returned to Shipper at the same time (Unless they mean MS as the shippers, and not me)?

Checking the tracking info today, it seems to be back in transit, like making it's way back to me only after one day??

Checking on Xbox.com it says it's still waiting to receive the device.

I hope the package didn't arrive in bits or anything, but if that was the case nobody would have signed for it....

Here's the tracking info, if anyone can figure it out:

Type: Package

Returned On: 16/06/2008 7:09
    Signed By: SCHMITT
    Returned To: FRANKFURT, DE
    Service: STANDARD
    Weight: 3.80 Kg

Package Progress
    Location Date Local Time Description
    HERNE-BOERNIG,
    DE 17/06/2008 7:39 REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / SHIPMENT SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY
    17/06/2008 7:39 REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / RELEASED BY CLR AGENCY. NOW IN-TRANSIT

FRANKFURT,
    DE 16/06/2008 7:10 OUT FOR DELIVERY
    16/06/2008 7:09 RETURNED TO SHIPPER

FRANKFURT,
    DE 14/06/2008 0:10 ARRIVAL SCAN

HERNE-BOERNIG,
    DE 13/06/2008 21:12 DEPARTURE SCAN

Ignore my last post, I figured it out due to some research on the net.

Anyway, 360 being shipped back today, so lets hope it didn't enjoy it's holiday too much and wants to go back :rolleyes:

I just got the same message. Does that mean its fixed or not?

I just got the same message. Does that mean its fixed or not?

What message?

If you log into xbox.com and check your repair status, it should tell you how far along you are.

Mine says it has been replaced/repaired and It's displaying a new UPS tracking number which isn't active yet, but the console should be back to me some time next week.

Its saying return to shipper and Xbox is saying waiting to recieve

• Advertisement

Its saying return to shipper and Xbox is saying waiting to recieve

Ah right, mine arrived in Germany on Monday and ready to be shipped back today, so yours should be ready in a few days time aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Hoped I'd never have to post on the thread but alas she aul girl has a nasty red rash about her ring. Strange thing I find about it is that I hadn't even turned the box on for nearly two weeks.Never had a problem what so ever.Worked flawlessly for two years. Plugged in psu and turned on Xbox and wham 3 red lights.:confused:
    So registered Xbox online and started the repair procedure.Should be an interesting few weeks.:(

How come we can't register a repair online like they can in the UK?

Pain in the arse having to phone them :p

Hoped I'd never have to post on the thread but alas she aul girl has a nasty red rash about her ring.

You should try the following cream before calling Microsoft
    109-286-Canesten_Once_Cream.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Conor775

I got the RROD. But I only bought the box 11 months ago in Gamestop. I still have the receipt so will I be able to exchange it for a new one?
    Also if anyone else has done this before, will i get the new model with the HDMI thingy on the back?

How come we can't register a repair online like they can in the UK?

Pain in the arse having to phone them :p

I didn't have to ring anyone. First option on this page.

I didn't have to ring anyone. First option on this page.

I had to call them to arrange my repair.

Has the online repair form just been implemented for Irish Users?

Going by posters on this thread they all had to call Microsoft aswell.

No idea how long it's been an option on the Irish Xbox.com site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Got my (first) RROD about 2 weeks ago it is currently on its way back from germany and I got a months free xbox live.....

So thumbs up to microsoft for fixing it quickly and without much hassle
    but a Huge thumbs down for making a shítty console that breaks so frequently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Got first RROD on the weekend. My son then said he had seen it once before.

Now the console is completely unstable and the towel trick only got me through the weekend.

RMAed with MS Support via the number - 10 min call, hoping to get the UPS Email soon to arrange to get it sent back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Chaz wrote: »
    Got first RROD on the weekend. My son then said he had seen it once before.

Now the console is completely unstable and the towel trick only got me through the weekend.

RMAed with MS Support via the number - 10 min call, hoping to get the UPS Email soon to arrange to get it sent back.

When I called em the email was out within about 6 hours then all I had to do was print it and give UPS a call......Due back tmrw and it was sent off on 12th June so it was away for exactly 2 weeks...

Did you get a months free live membership? If you complain enough you may get a free game or two...my Mate got crackdown when he complained and I got a months free live subs

My return tracking is currently reading:

Frankfurt - Export Scan

It has been that way since Monday evening.

When should I expect to have it based on that?

I hope it's here by Friday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I have the RROD problem here however the xbox 360 was bought second hand on adverts. I took off the faceplate and noticed that the hologram has been removed.
    does this mean that MS won't fix it?

Should I send it to them anyway and see what the story is?

Or does anyone have any other ideas on how to get this fixed?

Thanks.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Boots09

I got the RROD a while back and my 360 had been flashed but i took a punt and sent it back they repsired it and sent it back out but could go either way!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Apparently the console was registered to someone else before so they won't fix it for free.

Don't really understand why they do this but if anyone knows someone who can fix these please send me a pm,

Thanks.....

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

We would recommend http://www.consolerepairsireland.ie professional repairs and guaranteed for 90 days. If you mention that Gamesnash sent you his way he will look after you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Boggins127

Yo there is soo many posts on this page i dunno if anyone has had just one red light flashing after turning it on if they did will u please tell me how they got on n is there a quick fix?
    :cool: Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Boggins127 wrote:
    Yo there is soo many posts on this page i dunno if anyone has had just one red light flashing after turning it on if they did will u please tell me how they got on n is there a quick fix?
    Read here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Boggins127

basquille wrote: »

Thanks 4 the help bud but tryed this and it didnt work you see the 3 light problem can b temporarily fixed by overheating it with towels now i was wundering is ther anything like this for the 1 light problem?

• Advertisement

i got the dreaded red lights 3 weeks ago.i returned it to gamestop and they replaced immediately.i bought it EXACTLY one year earlier. currently loving GTA4. currently disliking ALONE IN THE DARK- clunky graphics and too many crap cut-scenes.

Advertisement