Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 - 3 Red Lights

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Justlikemike

So what happens when you get a replacement? Does that mean your old hard drive is non void? What about your Gamerscore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭turf

bout two weeks ago, xbox turns off, switch back on, 3 red lights.
    leave half an hour nd works again.

today, ive got wat seems like the rarer one red light.. what is it? i have a laser card bill for smyths nd a guy in there ages ago said itd be grand so hopefully ill get it replaced. if not, guna hav to fork out for a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

3 RROD fixed by using x-clamp fix. Working over a month now with no problems.

Have my xbox 360 about 9 months and got the RROD yesterday. Contacted UPS today for collection and they said to leave the box I put my 360 in open. I imagine it's if customs want to have a look in the box but I can't help thinkin it's a dumb suggestion. Why can't they peel a little cello tape off if they're worried there's 4kg of drugs in it? Screw that. Anyone else been told to do the same?

So what happens when you get a replacement? Does that mean your old hard drive is non void? What about your Gamerscore?

no, i just kept me hard-drive and the dude in the shop kept the one with new one

• Advertisement

Have my xbox 360 about 9 months and got the RROD yesterday. Contacted UPS today for collection and they said to leave the box I put my 360 in open. I imagine it's if customs want to have a look in the box but I can't help thinkin it's a dumb suggestion. Why can't they peel a little cello tape off if they're worried there's 4kg of drugs in it? Screw that. Anyone else been told to do the same?

balls to that messin pal.if its only 9 months old and u have the receipt then just take it back to the shop. i have a friend who returned his xbox to microsoft and he didn't get one back for nearly 3 months,THE HORROR.

balls to that messin pal.if its only 9 months old and u have the receipt then just take it back to the shop. i have a friend who returned his xbox to microsoft and he didn't get one back for nearly 3 months,THE HORROR.

3 months? Aww man, I'd go mental. Thing is, I got it in Xtravision and they just give the old "return in 28 days" crap. Not positive I'll find the receipt anyway. 3 months though?!

no, i just kept me hard-drive and the dude in the shop kept the one with new one

So did you have any problems with XBLA games you had (if you had) on your old hard drive with the new console? Like, did you have to download them again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭gfoster

i've two xbox's with 3 rings, an elite and premium.
    anyone know anyone on this forum that will fix one?
    i looked inside and the termal paste was all over the place, might of shorted something i dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

The website is givin me this bollix...

Warranty Status: Out of Warranty
    Warranty Type: Standard
    Warranty Start: 6/1/2007 12:23:00 PM
    Warranty Expiration: 5/31/2008 7:59:59 PM

I thought the warranty lasted 3 years now?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

pasta-solo wrote: »
    The website is givin me this bollix...

Warranty Status: Out of Warranty
    Warranty Type: Standard
    Warranty Start: 6/1/2007 12:23:00 PM
    Warranty Expiration: 5/31/2008 7:59:59 PM

I thought the warranty lasted 3 years now?!

3 year warranty on the RROD fault only. Site is just stating the standard warranty.
    If you have the RROD you are covered. You just need to start a repair request and state it's a RROD fault and it's covered.

This was stated in the 2nd post of this thread.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

got a new xbox a few months ago as my old one was alreay replaced and i wanted one with a hdmi connection

now the new one is bricked. but seems different to the last.
    the lights are red but thats all, nothing else is working i.e no fan moving, disk tray wont open.
    anyones elses go like this, i assume most at least have the fan going as i cant even do the towel trick
    worse is my cod disk is still in it, i better get that back!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Mine broke last night. Pretty pissed off about it. I bought it nine months ago and it's an Elite. I figured the newer console probably wouldn't break down. Jokers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Mine went about half an hour ago. I haven't had the thing on for two weeks and I only got 5 mins of play tonight.

It was a launch machine that I got online from Germany so I don't know how MS will react to that.

Gonna be a pain because I'll have to bring it to work to sort out the shipping etc. Otherwise will have to take time off.

My Xbox is 11 months old. I've rang Microsoft but I don't fancy waiting weeks to play again. My questions are if I bring it back to Gamestop:

1) Do I have to go the Gamestop where I bought it or can I go to any one? And are they just going to send it off to Microsoft or will they give me brand new one?

2) What happens to my harddrive. I don't want to lose my gamesaves etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

silvine wrote: »
    My Xbox is 11 months old. I've rang Microsoft but I don't fancy waiting weeks to play again. My questions are if I bring it back to Gamestop:

1) Do I have to go the Gamestop where I bought it or can I go to any one? And are they just going to send it off to Microsoft or will they give me brand new one?

2) What happens to my harddrive. I don't want to lose my gamesaves etc.

Just call MS on the support line and it will be handled from there.

You need to remove your Hard Drive before it ships and this is where you profiles / saves are stored.

Chaz wrote: »
    Just call MS on the support line and it will be handled from there.

You need to remove your Hard Drive before it ships and this is where you profiles / saves are stored.

I rang Microsoft. They told me it will take 48 hours to email me the labels I need to send the console back to them. And I have to get my own box. :mad: How can it take that long to send an email and why should I have to pay for the box, to get my Xbox posted?!

So, I rang Gamestop today. They told me they'll take it back as it's less then 12 months old. Thank God I still have the receipt.

I find it amazing that nearly three years later people are still suffering from the RROD issue. Shocking stuff. Does anyone know if the Xboxs being made and sold today are still suffering from this problem? Will I be in this boat again even with a new console?

As great as the Xbox games and software are, the console itself looks cheap, sounds like a blocked hoover and has all the reliability of ten year old Fiat Punto. They cut corners with the Xbox, and just released an unfinished untested machine hoping they would be able to fix things as they went along. Think of the things the left out - wireless, an intregrated power converter etc.

Sony on the other hand took the time to make a console that actually works. I sold my PS3 to get an Xbox because the sofware for it was crap. However, the PS3 looks and feels expensive. It makes little or no noise and when I had it, I had no worries about it breaking down. In other words it did what an expensive electroncs good is supposed to do - it worked!

Maybe Microsoft should spend less them robbing Avatars from Nintendo and more time on making consoles that don't go into meltdown when you try to play the damn things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

got a falcon on friday, really enjoying pgr3 (gonna get some more games on thursday)

what are the chances of this unit RRODing since i prefer it to my ps3 already.

I dont fancy my odds :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Well, about two months on from when I got my Xbox360 back after a 3 red light fiasco. I 'm watching my new Entourage Season 1 and 2 boxset (Excellent BTW). I finish season 1 and with a smile on my face switch discs to season 2. Disc doesn't load. Try again It momentarily comes up reading then stops again. I try different discs and eventually go onlineand discover it ****ed again. So I'm keeping a log in here.
    I emailed them yesterday at 12.00pm (Or filled in that online form thingy).
    I am waiting...
    Have to watch all my new dvds on my laptop:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Does anyone have any advice on where to get box large enough to house an xbox 360?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Does anyone have any advice on where to get box large enough to house an xbox 360?

Buy an xbox? :p

I got mine from a mate who returned his - Microsoft sent a box. So besides trying that I have no other help to offer :D

I would buy a box if I had any idea where you go to buy boxes :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Mark2229

you could go to spar or a small shop and ask for a big enough box :pac:

Post Office

I'll give them a shot, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

4 out of 6 "real" friends that i play online with have gotten them in the last week.
    Humid weather maybe?

My xbox was divlvered to Germany today buy eveytime I enter the service request ID to check the repair status it says "No service requests were found, please re-enter your information to try again or Sign In at Device Service Home to view all repair requests."

Is that normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭sharkDawg

Three rings today, DAMN :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭I Saw Silence

Just got it yesterday,my friend puts his copy of guitar into my xbox,and bam,three red lights. Second time too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭I Saw Silence

I hate microsoft/ups.. they tell me on the phone that ill get my label in the post,then ive to call UPS to pick it up in a box.So this morning a UPS guy shows up pissed, asking why i didnt have my xbox ready in the box. wtf?

Advertisement