Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 - 3 Red Lights

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

Hey,

I sent my 360 away last monday. Just rang Xbox customer support and was told it was repaired. She said I would get an email within 48 hours with a tracking code/number for UPS and to ring back MS support when I get it.
    Then I have to organise UPS to deliver the console back to Ireland from Germany.:confused:

Has anyone any experience of this stage of the repair procedure and how long it takes. I can't understand why I have to contact UPS to organise the return delivery. I thought M.S. would sort that out themselves.

hey everyone...got a used xbox in gamestop a year ago but last december it showed the red lights....brought it back to gamestop and they gave another used one...yesterday it showed the lights again...brought it down there but they say that i need to get it fixed by MS...but how???i got a USED xbox and the sticker was ripped off,i.e.warranty is voided...any advices??
    just thinking to call into gamestop again on monday,coz the lad i was asking yesterday was a prick and didnt look being too intrested in solving my problem.

First let me say when my console is returned it will be my FIFTH Xbox360! My sixteen 16 old Snes still works perfectly.:rolleyes: Every other repair Gamestop gave me a new 360 but its been so long I lost my receipt so I had to send it to M.S. for repair for once.
    Anyway, I bought a preowned 360 and I had similiar problems to you. My advice is when you return it to Gamestop pay that bit extra for them to give you a new 360. Taking into account the ridiculous failure rate of the 360 buy a preowned 360 is never a good idea. Also keep your receipt! It will save you the 10-21 day wait in regards to M.S. repairs.

Moral of the story; Japanese technology is more reliable. Shame about the lack of games for P.S.3 and, bar Nintendo made games, the childish games library the Wii has.

Does anyone have any advice on where to get box large enough to house an xbox 360?

I asked them could I just send it in the original packing box. No problem, but I won't get the same box back. It probably saved me three days in regards to the repair process.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

so,sent my Xbox off last Thursday,checked online last night and its being sent back to me!woo!so do UPS just show up hoping I'm there or do they call me to arrange a time for drop off?thanks again to everyone,been so helpful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Sesudra wrote: »
    do UPS just show up hoping I'm there or do they call me to arrange a time for drop off?

UPS just knocked on my door with the repaired 360 and luckily I was there at the time . But your contact number is on the box , so I'm sure they will ring if there is no one home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

:( ahhh this is really annoying now my third xbox has just died, my first one died 6months to the day afte the release date. Am I correct in assuming that there is a 3year warranty on these things?

hal9000 wrote: »
    Am I correct in assuming that there is a 3year warranty on these things?

Only on the RROD fault .

:( ahhh this is really annoying now my third xbox has just died, my first one died 6months to the day afte the release date. Am I correct in assuming that there is a 3year warranty on these things?

Three years for ring of death crap and two years for anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

and two years for anything else.
    thought it was 1 year?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It is 1 year.

Got my RRoD tonight. Can you just process the repair through the website now? No need to ring them up anymore?

• Advertisement

Makaveli wrote: »
    It is 1 year.

Got my RRoD tonight. Can you just process the repair through the website now? No need to ring them up anymore?

Yes, thats how I did it last time. It's less hassle to do it that way.

Clover wrote: »
    Yes, thats how I did it last time. It's less hassle to do it that way.

Well, they told me it was two years and if they made a mistake I'm not complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

went to smyths yesterday with my x box which has one red light showing. i bought this x box in december and still have origonal box and the receipt. the manager of the shop told me that there was a change of policy and would not take the x box back to repair / replace and for me to contact microsoft. i told him i did not buy it of microsoft i bought it in his
    shop. no way would he budge.as far as i kn
    ow the shop is still responsible to repair/ replace/refund. any ideas?:confused:

eyebrows63 wrote: »
    went to smyths yesterday with my x box which has one red light showing. i bought this x box in december and still have origonal box and the receipt. the manager of the shop told me that there was a change of policy and would not take the x box back to repair / replace and for me to contact microsoft. i told him i did not buy it of microsoft i bought it in his
    shop. no way would he budge.as far as i kn
    ow the shop is still responsible to repair/ replace/refund. any ideas?:confused:

Yes! Tell him he is legally obliged to either refund you or give you a new Xbox360. Its your legal entitlement. If he refuses to budge threaten him with guards and small claims court. Also threaten to blacken the reputation of the store. He is breaking the law. The legislation which pertaining to your cirumstance with Smyths is listed somewhere in this thread. If your're a student wanker like myself.lol! get a member of the Students Union to contact him. Some Universities offer free legal advice from the law department/society.
    You have to stand up to these bastards. I do and I always get what I want!:D

Anyway the moral of the story is don't buy consoles from medium sized retailers like Smyths and Extra-vision. Stick with the Larger-sized retailers like Game, Game-stop, H.M.V. and Zavvi as they have much better after-sales services. I would love to buy from smaller Irish companies but until Smyths and Extra-vision put their houses in order I will buy with consumer confidence instead.

Anyway my 360 is going to be delivered to my house tomorrow.( About time...) Unfortunately ups told me it could be any time from 9 a.m. until 7p.m. Great service guys!:rolleyes: So basically I'm going to have to wait downstairs until it arrives..................:rolleyes:

4 out of 6 "real" friends that i play online with have gotten them in the last week.
    Humid weather maybe?
    A pandemic case of Irish Xbox 360's over heating due to another sweltering Irish "Summer"? L.M.F.A.O.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 g_oflaherty

If people have problems with RROD and their 360 is out of warranty I'll fix them if yer in the southeast. I have fixed a number of them (as someone with years of electronics exp behind me) and will give a 3 month warranty with any repair (rrod). Laser replacement also available.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭087dannyboy

Do u get the 2nd and 3rd year guarantee automatically just as long as you have receipt .
    Just asking cos looking through the documents i got with xbox one is for this extended 2 year guarantee just fill out a form and their looking for £55 something like that.
    So do u have to pay that or do u jst get the guarantee anyway?

No never heard of it. Your guarantee is free.

So..i sent my xbox off to Germany(my first time) BUT i was reading the email with instructions for sending it off(after i sent it)and it says put the service request number on it...which i dident :o will they still repair it or are they strict and just send it back without repairing it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

i assume the ups shipping label is on the box, thats all you need. the service request number is on it

Baneblade wrote: »
    i assume the ups shipping label is on the box, thats all you need. the service request number is on it

really? i used the print off one if that makes a difference i cant check because the email thingy expired :/ (also ups said it was delivered yesterday but it doesent say that did on the xbox website is that normal or does it take a while?)

ok,so according to UPS website,my delivery date is tomorrow,so have to take the day off work and sit and wait...do they usually ring first or just show up and assume you'll be there?

ok,so according to UPS website,my delivery date is tomorrow,so have to take the day off work and sit and wait...do they usually ring first or just show up and assume you'll be there?

They just show and assume you will be there. I camped myself in the front room,made sure I was well stocked with snacks the previous day. They could come anytime from 9 a.m.-7 p.m................yeah I know its crazy.:rolleyes:

ugh!ah well,will be worth it to play Oblivion again!and I do have that "The Exorcist" boxset to watch....

:(

Has anyone had any problems trying to request a repair online, but at the last step "submit" it says an error has occurred please contact.... blah blah blah....:mad:

yup,happened to me too,as far as I know the online repair request isn't available here yet.so you'll have to call up Microsoft

yup,happened to me too,as far as I know the online repair request isn't available here yet.so you'll have to call up Microsoft

:rolleyes: why am I not surprised that this service is not available in Ireland.
    uhhh I really dont feel like being put through to New Delhi this evening.

Yeah,I felt the same but once you get through they're fine.Dunno what the prob is with your console but mine was RROD'd and they were really helpful

• Advertisement

:rolleyes: why am I not surprised that this service is not available in Ireland.
    uhhh I really dont feel like being put through to New Delhi this evening.

The service is available here , I used it a few weeks ago to get my brothers 360 repaired.

Advertisement